Hubby and I have stayed in this location on 3 previous occasions in 2 different hotels but this time we thought we'd try a different hotel. We weren't disappointed with our choice of the Riu Nautilus. Yes, it's a little more expensive than some of the others but, you get what you pay for. The very friendly champagne welcome by receptionist (Anna Maria - I think) got us off to a lovely start. This continued on when we entered our room. Well-appointed and recently refurbished with a lovely sea view. (And the biggest wardrobe we've ever had in a hotel!) The room was well kept and the cleaning ladies were all very pleasant.
We couldn't get back into our room one morning after breakfast but the cleaning lady was on hand. She made a quick radio call and, within 10 mins, a maintenance chap came and fixed our door lock. He was also very pleasant and courteous.
Moving on to the restaurant. The choice and quality of the food, both at breakfast and dinner is excellent. If you can't find something to suit your palate then you're way too fussy. There was always a choice of red meat, white meat, fish and veggy for every evening meal with desserts to die for. Breakfast had a host of choice too. From the full cooked bacon, eggs, sausage, etc. to pancakes, breads, meats, cheeses, pastries, cereals, fruits, etc. The restaurant staff were always very friendly, helpful and courteous. Even the hotel managers made themselves known to you in the restaurant and were always on hand if you needed them. (Not hiding away like in some other places!) The only negative thing I would say about the restaurant is that some of the tables are too close together so that you sometimes felt that you were on a table of 4 rather than dining as a couple.
The entertainment in the bar area was the usual array of hotel acts. Singers, keyboard players, flamenco dancers. Pretty standard stuff.
All in all, we had a lovely time at this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos* 3-storey and 7-storey buildings* 2,500 garden* Separated from beach only by the beachfront promenade* 700 m from Puerto Marina* 700 m from various shops* 8 km from the Malaga airport* 100 m from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Nautilus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Nautilus Torremolinos
- Riu Nautilus Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Riu Nautilus Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain