Stayed at this hotel for one week during June. It did live up to the normal RIU standards in as much as good room and nice food etc. If you are thinking of booking to stay at this hotel there are one or two things you may wish to consider before booking ....
Fellow occupants are predominantly pensioners but this may be down to the time of year as we do not normally holiday in June. There are plenty of sun beds but it is very competitive to get the best spots. The hotel has recently been refurbished and we received an email from Thomson informing us that our room would now have a walk in shower only as due to the refurbishments that there were now no rooms with baths in the hotel.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and the hotel is well placed although the beach adjacent to it has rocks in the shallow part of the sea which is not ideal.
On arrival we asked for a room with a sea view and was told there was one left but it would be a smaller room with a double bed and bath! We accepted this room and it was very nice apart from the towels were thin and poor quality. It does not reflect well on Thomson and I will avoid using them in future whenever possible. The hotel rooms still open with keys rather than cards. This made the corridor quite noisy with the keys opening and closing doors . You may be disturbed with fellow holiday makers awaking at the crack of dawn to secure their sun beds! During our stay we experienced a couple of days where it would have been quite nice to use the indoor pool, however this was not filled. Enquiries at reception informed us that the pool is only in use during the winter period. We found this quite unusual and had never experienced this before. The jacuzzi only partly worked and was broken on one side. Despite the above irritations we had a lovely time but probably would not automatically book to stay at this hotel again.
One other point is that the free wi-fi in the hotel lobby that is limited to 90 mins per day is adequate for basic needs but the 'Premium' wi-fi that ousts 20 Euros per week is very good and worth the money if you want more regular and robust connection from all areas of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos* 3-storey and 7-storey buildings* 2,500 garden* Separated from beach only by the beachfront promenade* 700 m from Puerto Marina* 700 m from various shops* 8 km from the Malaga airport* 100 m from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelQuickly, Splitty, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Riu Nautilus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Nautilus Torremolinos
- Riu Nautilus Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Riu Nautilus Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain