We enjoyed our stay at the Riu Nautilus very much. Our room and bathroom were huge with vast amounts of wardrobe space and plenty of hangers. There were also lots of drawers - unusual for Spain. Everything was spotless. The restaurant was a bit crowded, in spite of the two sittings - I think it must have been built when the hotel was smaller as it was difficult to move around without bumping into people. However, the food was good and there was plenty of it. The dining-room staff were lovely and the Manager ate in the restaurant every evening and made sure everyone was happy. There were lots of sunbeds around the pool and we had no problems at all finding two together. The hotel was perfectly situated, there was a gate from the garden on to the promenade which led to Torremolinos in one direction, quite a long walk, too far for anyone with walking problems, and Benalmadena marina was a five minute walk in the other direction.
I did think it was a pity that there wasn't a proper lounge, just a lot of armchairs dotted around in pairs in reception, which was very big, and the bar area, on the other hand was far too small for the size of the hotel, so, as we were on the second sitting for dinner, we didn't get to see the evening entertainment properly as there were never any seats. Also, the design of the bar didn't really lend itself to entertainment, as there were a lot of big pillars blocking the view.
Altogether, we liked the hotel, apart from the cramped restaurant and the impossibility of getting to watch the entertainment. All the staff were most charming and very friendly and efficient. The hotel is undergoing a complete refit during the winter, so, if we return, it will be interesting to see if these areas have been improved.
in the restaurant every evening and made sure
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos* 3-storey and 7-storey buildings* 2,500 garden* Separated from beach only by the beachfront promenade* 700 m from Puerto Marina* 700 m from various shops* 8 km from the Malaga airport* 100 m from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Riu Nautilus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Nautilus Torremolinos
- Riu Nautilus Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Riu Nautilus Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain