I reviewed this hotel last year and our traveling group returned this April. Before I comment on changes, I would first like to address safety issues. 1. At the back of the dining room, there is a STEP DOWN to get to the porch area which is a lovely place to sit. Unfortunately, many people do not notice the step down because it is not clearly marked. On our first night a woman missed the step and her soup went flying all over the floor. Thankfully, she did not fall and was not hurt, but rather embarrassed. The waiters did not rush to clean it up. Instead it took some time for a cleaner with a mop to address it. A few nights later another woman missed the step...she fell and broke her leg. This tells me something must be done to make this area safer, but of course nothing changed. 2. When leaving the dining room, you must go down some steps (there is an escalator and a mechanical chair for those with mobility issues, but most diners use the steps. About two thirds of the way down, there are rest rooms. You must be careful when leaving the rest rooms as there are also steps which join with the main stairway leaving the dining room. Last year someone fell and broke either their arm or wrist. 3. Another area of concern are steps near the computer terminals. There are two steps and a ramp, and these areas need to be more clearly marked as well.
The main change from last year to this year were coffee machines. Last year the waiters brought coffee to the tables, but now you need to get your own coffee from the machines. This allows you to have more variety, ie. chocolate, expresso, cream, no cream, etc. However, learning how to operate the machines and the slowness of them results in long coffee lines and frustrated diners. Many people complained about this. Also, it seemed that the buffet food options were more limited and not as good as last year. Our meals were included with our package, but if they were not, the cost wourd be 26 euros...and the buffet certainly is not worth that. Also the coffee machines are turned off in the evening,so there will be no coffee with your meal. Wine or beer may be included.
The rooms at the hotel are nice, with balconies and the wifi worked most of the time. It is conveniently located to the boardwalk and the sea. In the evening, there is a wonderful piano player in the bar....we enjoyed his talents very much.
So I would still stay at this hotel on another trip because of the location and nice rooms, even though the dining experience is not the greatest. The staff is very nice (limited English though). One staff member at the front desk can be quite rude, but I don't care to mention names. The rest of the staff make up for her rudeness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A superior 4 star Hotel where the functional distribution of its spaces, with the sea as its protagonist, the decoration, with its strong personality, have all come together to give you an elegant, classical and functional Mediterranean Hotel. Located on the seafront, MS Amaragua looks out directly on to the Mediterranean and the pedestrian promenade of the traditional, infamous neighbourhood of the Carihuela, where the cultural cuisine of Pescaito frito (little fried fish) reaches its maximum expression. Only a couple of minutes walk away is the famous Benalmádena Marina, Puerto Marina. We have 275 rooms; of these 2 are luxury suites, 8 suites, 6 junior suites and 12 superior doubles. Restaurant, snack bar, swimming pool, lobby bar, conference and conventions halls, parking with 217 spaces, big outside swimming pool for adults and children, ample sun terrace, beach with direct access from the Hotel and the spa & fitness centre. 24 hour reception, press, left luggage, bellboy, room service, laundry service and rental service of bicycles, cars and motorbikes. CATERING To start the day, the Hotels restaurant, offers a complete and varied breakfast buffet with panoramic views of the Mediterranean . Enjoy the luminosity and relaxation at the swimming pool Bar La Ola, where Mediterranean cooking fuses with local cuisine and the after dinner drinks at sunset.Mens sana in corpore sano in the Health and Beauty Centre (SPA & Beauty Farm) the Hotel has at your service. The Hotel has on offer for its clients, an indoor climate controlled swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, Turkish bath, gym, massages and an ample array of aesthetic treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your SENTIDO Amaragua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amaragua Hotel Torremolinos
- SENTIDO Amaragua Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain