It's not the fault of this hotel that Torremolinos is the epitome of tacky with the ugliest properties built on top of one another. It's a great pity that the lovely fishing villages and seaside of the past have been so horribly ruined. This hotel continues the problem because it's very tacky itself, sort of a rundown Las Vegas and the front desk staff are beyond surly. In the morning, the guy at the desk looked like a homeless person. There is no one to help with bags until after 8 in the morning so if you have an early flight, be prepared to drag them down from the room by yourself. There's also no coffee available until 7:30 AM when the restaurant opens. The public areas are poorly lit and depressing. The room was okay and the bathrooms have been renovated. However, my "view" consisted of outdoor stairways and the windows of other properties. The bed wasn't bad but an emaciated, eight-foot long pillow was provided that was very uncomfortable and made sleeping difficult.
I don't recommend this town or this hotel to anyone. I was on a tour of Andalucia that stayed one night because of its proximity to Malaga airport. That's all it has to recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A superior 4 star Hotel where the functional distribution of its spaces, with the sea as its protagonist, the decoration, with its strong personality, have all come together to give you an elegant, classical and functional Mediterranean Hotel. Located on the seafront, MS Amaragua looks out directly on to the Mediterranean and the pedestrian promenade of the traditional, infamous neighbourhood of the Carihuela, where the cultural cuisine of Pescaito frito (little fried fish) reaches its maximum expression. Only a couple of minutes walk away is the famous Benalmádena Marina, Puerto Marina. We have 275 rooms; of these 2 are luxury suites, 8 suites, 6 junior suites and 12 superior doubles. Restaurant, snack bar, swimming pool, lobby bar, conference and conventions halls, parking with 217 spaces, big outside swimming pool for adults and children, ample sun terrace, beach with direct access from the Hotel and the spa & fitness centre. 24 hour reception, press, left luggage, bellboy, room service, laundry service and rental service of bicycles, cars and motorbikes. CATERING To start the day, the Hotels restaurant, offers a complete and varied breakfast buffet with panoramic views of the Mediterranean . Enjoy the luminosity and relaxation at the swimming pool Bar La Ola, where Mediterranean cooking fuses with local cuisine and the after dinner drinks at sunset.Mens sana in corpore sano in the Health and Beauty Centre (SPA & Beauty Farm) the Hotel has at your service. The Hotel has on offer for its clients, an indoor climate controlled swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, Turkish bath, gym, massages and an ample array of aesthetic treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Amaragua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amaragua Hotel Torremolinos
- SENTIDO Amaragua Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain