“Good Hotel enjoyed our stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Tropicana

Hotel Tropicana
Ranked #47 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
“Good Hotel enjoyed our stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

The Hotel was good, food was very good. Don't pay for a view more than likely get one anyways. Ok positives out the way now for the negs. We went breakfast & evening meal, breakfast great but evening meal had to pay for water. Beach had sunbeds with mats but cost 9€ a day ( . 50€ discount) not much of a discount.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank SalisUK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

Big disappointment. Sought a four star in Torremolinos, found this hotel and booked online. I was trusting the positive comments - big mistake. The hotel has two parts the main part which is a solid three star and then there is the other place which is in the alley behind the hotel, a solid 1.5. No tolitries, room is cleaned once every three days, the toilet didn't work and all I got was sorry it will have to wait until tomorrow. The bed was harder that what I had in basic training and not much bigger. The only positive was I had access to the pool which was nice and gave me somewhere to go to get away from the slum. If you book this place then make sure you are in the main building. The service here is not charateristic of the area, I stayed in another two star and found the location, the quality and the service all superior to the Tropicana.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gerrypotter

Travelers are raving about these Torremolinos hotels

Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

Had a wonderful stay here with my Girlfriend, room was lovely, gorgeous view and a brilliant location! Staff were friendly and the breakfast was good! Would reccomend it to anyone looking for a relaxing beach break!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ChrisBrown83
Cairo, Egypt
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

I would like to convey my compliance to the Manager in charge for Tropicana chain for my very bad experience at Toropicna see batch for the period 22-04-2011 till 26-04-2011 , as I booked three double rooms for myself and my relativeunder , following are couples of comments :

1. Hygiene: housekeeping reused the towels which throw on the batch floor once again , and when I did a complain at front office no action was taken until the nest day to change the dirty towels .
2. F&B: very bad manner and action from F&B staff , I did a complain for the very bad taste for the soft drink (Cola with no soda) , I challenge you if you can drink the juice and even no hot water available always for hot drinks!!! , and no replacement for any items run out from the buffet even the chider chess and when I complain about this point the staff answered that sorry because our chef is Skimpy and keen!!
3. Child club: what the mass it is , imagine that only one ice cream for a child whole day and if you need one more you have to got many excuses why you need one more!!
4. Swimming pool: vey dirty with no daily clean – just once at morning.
Do you want to know what the well trained and qualified staff response for the above complain , sorry we have a high capacity those days and we couldn't follow up all the matter!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

On arrival was given room 201, which although on the website it says all rooms have a sea view this room looked at wall of next door hotel. When I asked to change room the very unhelpful male receptionist said it would cost me another 20 euros a night for a better room. The bathroom smelled very badly, the small balcony was covered in bird droppings and the air con was nothing short of pathetic and this particular member of staff was arrogant and unhelpful. I will certainly never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Kevwado
Nuenen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2010

My wife, her sister, brother in law and myself went on vacation and were supposed to stay at another hotel, but they were overbooked. We stayed one night in Tropicana and to tell you the truth, it's a very good hotel. The rooms we were in were fairly large and good accomodations. The meals there were good to very good and the personeel were friendly and correct. I would advise anyone to stay there. It was only for one night, but was worth the while.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank howardjdaniels
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

Was there during my wedding trip. Our room had see view, great view I would say. But it's better to have a room higher than second floor, or you will see mainly restaurant roof.
Room was spacy, bathroom equipment was almost new, TV with many spanish channels, bbc, sport and some german channels. Big balcony to seat and enjoy amazing sea view and environment. Refrigirator is there, but it is not capable of making ice. Room had one minus: not enough sockets. You have to unplug TV or lamp in order to charge mobile and photo.
Cleanliness is a question. In overall the room looks clean, because room maids clean it "on sight". That means: If the maid sees dirt, she cleans it. The dust accumulates in some places. The table was dusty almost every day, except when we had "visible to maid" bread crumbles on it. The same for the bed linen. It is changed only when the maid sees dirt. So the last week i've noticed my bed wasn't chaned at all. Before I didn't pay my attention to it. Towels are changed when you throw them to the bath, without any complaints here.
The service at reception is the best, always pleasing and helpful.
Food quality is average. We had only breakfasts. Diversity is low. Day-by-day almost same toasts, bacon, eggs. No salads, little fruits. The worst chemical juices I've ever tried.
High speed Internet is expensive. But you can always use free wi-fi at the lobby.
To sum it all up, I see this hotel is good, but needs to work on some parts of service.
Reception staff and good rooms make it a nice play to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple