Stayed here for 7 days at the start of July and loved it. Don’t be put off by the negative tone of some of the reviews here – they had me worried, but it was a fuss aboout nothing. Yes, the queue at reception for check-in moved slowly, but we’re talking 10-15 minutes, not 2 hours! Yes the restaurant was busy, but not over-crowded. In fact we found tables on the outside terrace at every meal-time and it was lovely to sit and eat with a sea view. The food was far better than I expected for a buffet restaurant experience. Every meal they had chefs cooking the food fresh in front of you, the fresh fish was delicious, as was the enormous ham joint they were carving one night.
Our Family Suite apartment was in the Principito block – which is the “old part” of the hotel and looks a bit tatty from outside compared to the main block, but the rooms themselves were fine, clean and plenty of room.
A lot of reviews are also moaning about the sunbed situation, but again – we had no issues with this. There were always piles of spare sunbeds, it was more an issue of finding somewhere to put them, but we never failed to find somewhere acceptable by the pool. We would go out for breakfast at 9:30, grab some sunbeds and put our towels on them. Back from breakfast by 10:00 and the day’s relaxation started. In the hotel’s defence, they did have signs up everywhere saying “reserving sunbeds is not allowed” and a guy was patrolling/ticketing sunbeds that ween’t being used. If they were still unused after an hour, he would remove the towels.
The kids club was good, although being mainly Spanish kids my 4 year old found it a bit hard-going as the staff always spoke in Spanish first. The Amination team shows were a bit cheesey as you’d expect but the staff put in loads of effort and were up on stage all afternoon rehearsing! The kids mini-disco was the highlight for my 4 year old. He loved every minute of it. We went All-Inclusive and I’m glad we did. The prices that people were paying for drinks were not cheap. I’m pretty sure we covered most of our total bill in drinks alone!
Being a 10 minute drive from Malaga airport is a bonus, a very quick & painless transfer, plus a great view of all the planes coming in (although far enough away to not notice any noise).
The bus goes to Toremelinos from right outside the hotel and is cheap/frequent. We ent into the town once and that was enough – it’s really not that great! We also went to the Aquafun Waterpark – which has a free shuttle-bus, also from outside the hotel. It’s not the cheapest day-out but the slides are brilliant and well worth it. The food on site there is extortionate though, so if you’re All Inclusive – get them to make you a picnic before you go! The shuttle-bus isn’t free on the way back, but the taxi was only 6 euros, so half the price of 4 of us on the shuttle bus (3 euros each)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Sol Principe is located in Torremolinos (Malaga) right on the beachfront with direct access to the promenade, to the beautiful Playamar Beach and numerous bars (typical restaurants on the sand) specialized in "fried fish". 27,000 m2 of facilities make Sol Principe, a spectacular hotel with day and night activities for children and adults; ideal for family vacations. The rooms of different categories with magnificent views of the sea or to the Spectacular Caribbean lagoon-style swimming pool surrounded by exotic gardens. Air conditioning, LCD TV 43 ", Safe (*), Mini fridge, hairdryer and a large furnished terrace (table / chairs); 4 swimming pools for adults (1 indoor) and 1 for children, Solarium and hammocks; different dining spaces, shopping arcade, beauty salon; Wireless internet access (free) throughout the hotel, Fitness, Live Music. also has 14 meeting rooms with capacity for up to 750 people. (*). Adapted for disabled guests, private car park (*). (*) With charge ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Sol Principe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Principe Torremolinos
- Sol Principe Hotel
- Hotel Sol Principe Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain