“Great hotel, good for families.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sol Principe

Hotel Sol Principe
Ranked #14 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, good for families.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The rooms are basic,clean and functional (stayed in a family room over looking the pool) which is all you need on holiday as you aren't there to see the room. The hotel itself is lovely with a small corridor of shops on site, choice of 2 restaurants, pool side bar and outside stage housing day and evening entertainment. The evening entertainment is mainly in Spanish but was great doing a different show each night including magic, mamma mia, lion king and all at a high standard. For the evening shows there was info but lacked info on the kids club program or other activities, there was aquafit and pool games. There was a kids club daily for couple of hours in the morning and the afternoon. The lagoon pool was fabulous and well monitored by life guards. There was the normal fight for sun beds to get prime position but there was always somewhere to go if you weren't up early. Good choice of food, something for everything from the buffet, we went all inclusive and I would def say it was worth it. Would def go back or recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms put you at the back of the resort with great views and sun all day. The seaview roo...
1 Thank bfromrugby
Jose Fermín G, Director General at Hotel Sol Principe, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear bfromrugby,

First of all I would like to thank you for your nice comments about our hotel and your pleasant vacation here and posted them on Tripadvisor. I am very glad that you enjoyed all our services and facilities we have for our guests.
Certainly I take note about to give our guests more information about kids club program and other activities we have for all ages.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Sol Príncipe very soon.

José Fermín Gómez. General Manager Sol Príncipe hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
newbridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I booked the holiday the day before I went out, never been to Torremolinos before having been to Salou before twice and really enjoyed them. The sol principe was a clean well run hotel, with a high standard of staff, and entertainment, being from a theatrical back ground and over thirty years experience in stage shows. I thought the bits of entertainment I saw was good but there were moments I could see a lack of love from the lighting, I would've loved to get my hands on those shows. I did notice a difference in size in drinks, between staying the bar or by pool side, but both a pretty price of €6 each so if you are a drinker be prepared. the food was great every day, I liked the touch of the chefs cooking the meat and fish infront of you. I am not the type to sit by the pool all day, I like to get out and see things, taxis were reasonable and was in reach of Malaga and other interesting places. we went to the crocodile park and the dophinarium my spelling is not great. both well worth the visit, also take a cable car trip up the mountain, lovely and relaxing. after our visits it was always nice to come back and relax in the enormous pools. I liked a little bar round the corner called carlos, with carlos himself making you feel welcome and valued even though we only drank two cokes. I will go back again, but I will be more ready for the heat, got sun burnt first day.

Hello paulwin,

Thank you very much for enjoying your holidays in Sol Príncipe and for sharing your lovely comments about our hotel, the staff, the entertainment shows, good location, the neighbourhood with fun for everyone. I am so glad that you liked our hotel, the city and your leisure in general here, in Costa del Sol, that's your first time here you had such a good experience.
We look forward to see you again in Sol Príncipe in the near future.

Very truly yours
José Fermín Gómez, general manager of Sol Príncipe Hotel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

such a great hotel for all ages. the rooms are spacious and very clean, the hotel and facilities are fantastic and spotless. the food is great with a wide selection of meats, salads, veg, puddings and fruits. all staff are very helpful, even down the the cleaners!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank joward1
Jose Fermín G, General Manager at Hotel Sol Principe, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear joward1,

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with us. We were absolutely delighted to read that you had a great stay with us. Your comments have been shared with the team and they are happy that they contributed to this great experience.

Thank you again for the review, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again at the end of august

Yours sincerely,

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the third time at the end of July, for 3 nights on half board basis. We booked two family rooms with sea view. The rooms are great with loads of room, double balconies and fabulous views.

We travelled by car and I did ring the hotel in advance to attempt to reserve parking space which was not an option. Upon entering the car park the barrier was up and no ticket was required. This meant that anybody could park in the car park even if not statying at the hotel. This was happpening and the car park was full. Whilst it is great that parking is free, I feel that if a charge was made and it was restricted to guests only then there would be more available spaces.

Food in the restaurant is very good with lots of choices at breakfast and dinner. My only grumble is the wine waiters who are extremely slow, rude and unfriendly.

Reception staff polite and helpful, although the queues to check in are a nightmare.

Swimming pools are large and lovely. Again the only issue in the pool areas is the unfriendly bar men. Also, a sign should be errected to stop all the muppets who reserve a number of sunbeds early in the day only to return much later. Cant believe this still happens!

Entertainment is great for children and adults.

I love this hotel and despite making a few negative comments would return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Suz8766
Dear Suz8766,

My name is Jose Fermín Gómez I am the General Manager of Sol Príncipe Hotel.

Thank you for the review for your recent stay with us.I
I am very pleased that you came back to our hotel for the third time and enjoyed the family rooms with fabulous sea view, food in the restaurantour pools, and the entertainment for children and adults...

We take note about your cooments and suggestions, we will study them and taking in account.
The comments concerning a poor staff attitude from some of bar team are certainly not the standards we normally achieve (as you will see from many other reviews). It is particularly dissapointing that we have not provided our normal standard of service to you.

Thank you very much four comments again.

We are looking forward to see you again.

Kind regards.

Torremolinos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel ticks all the boxes for a family holiday. With A few small flaws to prove (1) staff don't have good English except reception and main restaurant reception. But I guess that is a general problem in elsewhere. (2) insufficient information with regard to hotels activities and entertainment and local tourist attractions. This is unfortunate as this may be the hotel's strong selling point. (3) I presumed wifi was free but it was not. (4) no free drinkable water in the restaurant except breakfast. But was spoiled with choices of buffet lunch and dinner.

• 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Xiang Qun H,

First of all, thank you very much for take your time and post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am very glad that all in all you liked our hotel, and you even recommend it to another guest.

We take note about all your comments, observations and suggestions; we will take into account to improve our service.

Thank you very much for your review again.
We wish to see you again in your next visit to Costa del Sol .

Sincerely
José Fermín Gómez General manager Sol Príncipe Hotel.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was a first class four star hotel the restaurant had plenty of room to cope with a lot of busy traffic and there was a good choice of food for children the staff were clearing up all the time it was spotless clean no messy food bars. The pools were excellent three and a childrens pool all had lifeguards watching no airbeds were allowed which was another bonus there was plenty to keep families entertained if its what you want. Getting sun beds was no problem as they were chained up until about 9am but no matter what time you came you could get one. The staff were helpful at al times and the rooms were cleaned to a good standard being on the 9th flr wouldnt have been my first choice but someone has to go on it so apart from quick visits to the balcony i kept my door closed. Also the lifts were efficent another tick, Its location is very good a quiet area but not too far to walk up to the centre of Torremolinos on an evening and if you were back by 1pm you could use the gate to the beach which was quicker than walking through the main entrance. All in all this is an excellent hotel and one I would recommend you wont go far wrong if you want five star treatment then book a five star hotel.

Room Tip: I booked a double room with a childs extra bed but would have liked the room to have been bigger as...
Dear 743susan,

Thank you for sharing your experience for your recent stay at Sol Príncipe. We are all pleased to read that you found the hotel itself nice and clean and more important the service provided by the team to be very much to your liking. I am pleased that like you our pools.

Thank you again for the review, I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Fantastic hotel!! The pool area was great for the kids and the quality of the food in the restaurant surpassed our expectations. We were half board but would come back full board - great selection and delicious - I really did not expect that from a "package holiday" hotel. Great entertainment at night and right on the beach. Perfect (well, almost - the beer at the bar wasn't cheap!)

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Euanmcp
Jose Fermín G, Director General at Hotel Sol Principe, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Euanmcp,

Thank you very much for sharing your such a nice experience on Trip advisor, and for enjoying your holidays with us.

We value so much your comments, we take note of them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

José Fermín Gómez, General Manager of Sol Príncipe Hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torremolinos
Sol House Aloha - Costa del Sol
Hotel Riu Costa Lago
Hotel Riu Costa Lago
#11 of 71 in Torremolinos
4.0 of 5 stars 2,021 reviews

Been to Hotel Sol Principe? Share your experiences!