“Recommended”

Ranked #14 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Torremolinos
“Recommended”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel ticks all the boxes for a family holiday. With A few small flaws to prove (1) staff don't have good English except reception and main restaurant reception. But I guess that is a general problem in elsewhere. (2) insufficient information with regard to hotels activities and entertainment and local tourist attractions. This is unfortunate as this may be the hotel's strong selling point. (3) I presumed wifi was free but it was not. (4) no free drinkable water in the restaurant except breakfast. But was spoiled with choices of buffet lunch and dinner.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jose Fermín G, General Manager at Sol Principe, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Xiang Qun H,

First of all, thank you very much for take your time and post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am very glad that all in all you liked our hotel, and you even recommend it to another guest.

We take note about all your comments, observations and suggestions; we will take into account to improve our service.

Thank you very much for your review again.
We wish to see you again in your next visit to Costa del Sol .

Sincerely
José Fermín Gómez General manager Sol Príncipe Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was a first class four star hotel the restaurant had plenty of room to cope with a lot of busy traffic and there was a good choice of food for children the staff were clearing up all the time it was spotless clean no messy food bars. The pools were excellent three and a childrens pool all had lifeguards watching no airbeds were allowed which was another bonus there was plenty to keep families entertained if its what you want. Getting sun beds was no problem as they were chained up until about 9am but no matter what time you came you could get one. The staff were helpful at al times and the rooms were cleaned to a good standard being on the 9th flr wouldnt have been my first choice but someone has to go on it so apart from quick visits to the balcony i kept my door closed. Also the lifts were efficent another tick, Its location is very good a quiet area but not too far to walk up to the centre of Torremolinos on an evening and if you were back by 1pm you could use the gate to the beach which was quicker than walking through the main entrance. All in all this is an excellent hotel and one I would recommend you wont go far wrong if you want five star treatment then book a five star hotel.

Room Tip: I booked a double room with a childs extra bed but would have liked the room to have been bigger as...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear 743susan,

Thank you for sharing your experience for your recent stay at Sol Príncipe. We are all pleased to read that you found the hotel itself nice and clean and more important the service provided by the team to be very much to your liking. I am pleased that like you our pools.

Thank you again for the review, I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Jose Fermín Gómez, General Manager Sol Principe Hotel.
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Fantastic hotel!! The pool area was great for the kids and the quality of the food in the restaurant surpassed our expectations. We were half board but would come back full board - great selection and delicious - I really did not expect that from a "package holiday" hotel. Great entertainment at night and right on the beach. Perfect (well, almost - the beer at the bar wasn't cheap!)

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Euanmcp
Jose Fermín G, Director General at Sol Principe, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Euanmcp,

Thank you very much for sharing your such a nice experience on Trip advisor, and for enjoying your holidays with us.

We value so much your comments, we take note of them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

José Fermín Gómez, General Manager of Sol Príncipe Hotel.
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I spent a week in spain in barcelona and sevilla and wanted to finish it torremolinos i bookd on booking.com the most expensive hotel sol principe and beleive me it was the worst experience ever, over priced, bad service, bad food, tv not working in room, old furnitures, and on top of that they made me buy towels and pay for the safe and wifi....dont recommend it even for free and i paid 350 euros per nite

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Elie A
Dear Elie A

Thank you for the review for your recent stay with us.

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointing stay with us. I read carefully your comments; I take note of them, to prevent it in the near future.
I would like to apologise again and I sincerely hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Sincerely
José Fermín Gómez, General Manager Sol Príncipe
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Absolutely loved Sol Principe. Stayed here for a week in July. Checking was quick enough. We arrived at 10pm so there was no queue. However in the mornings there was a queue at check in. The hotel have clearly been taking note of trip adviser feedback as after a few days I noticed they put on free water, orange squash and sangria while people were waiting to check in. And had two staff members doing face painting and balloons to keep the kids entertained.

Room: We stayed on the 4th floor. The room was the size of an average Irish hotel room. The tv channels need improvement in my opinion. The only English channels were BBC news. Also if you have very young children I would suggest emailing the hotel asking for a room furthest away from the lift. We were one door away and had trouble sleeping as people coming home were loud and had babies crying passing our door. Not the hotels fault but maybe put u a poster advising people to have a but of respect for other guests sleeping.

Cleaning: The rooms were immaculate our room was cleaned daily. We felt this was not required so a few days we put the do not disturb on our door in order to give the cleaners a break.

Staff: These were the hardest working staff ever. They work from sun up to sun down. Always so happy with an 'hola!' every time you pass by. The restaurant staff were so pleasant and would always help find you a table. The lady who takes your details at the door was so kind and after a few days remembered our name even with hundreds of other guests staying there!
Reception staff there was a bit of a language barrier but two people defiantly spoke good English to compensate. Also they were kind enough to allow us print out our flight tickets home free of charge.

WIFI: We used the wifi two or three times. It was €6 a day. Next time I would pay for the week. Speeds were great.

Food: We went B&B rate. The breakfast had everything imaginable. Pancakes, full English, scrambled and boiled eggs. Cereal, fruits, yogurt, doghuts, ice-cream, chips. You name it, it was there. It was buffet style. The juice glasses were small but Ive noticed that seems to be standard size on the continent. I just started using wine glasses and pressing the juice button twice. It saved me having to go up and queue twice for juice.

The pools: These were fab/ There was a massive lagoon which had aqua aerobics, water volleyball and basketball on everyday. There was an adults only pool at the back which there were mostly people with small kids and babies. Then the two kids splash pools which I mostly spent time at. The only issue I had was the man who put letters on people beds who had reserved them with towels. He came around just before 11 every day. I used to be gone taking my child to the kids club which starts at 11 but everyday I used to return to my bed to find a letter saying I had an hour to move my towel or it be moved for me!. So Sol Principe maybe have that man go out at 10am as beds are released/unlocked at 9am. Some people are only gone to kids club at 11am!.

Kids Club: My child was in the bambam 3-5 club and loved it. There was two leaders. The girl was lovely always singing but I think my child drove the man demented he was happy to see her go I think :D. They did games, play-dough,coloring , face paints etc. There was also a tv and slides. One of the things I want to applaud Sol Principe for is.. One day I collected my child early and the male leader was giving them out cups of orange squash & water and offering pieces of fresh fruit. I was so pleased it was such a nice thing to do esp as the kids club is free and I would imagine the fruit was the left over from breakfast so I'm so happy it wasn't gone to waste.

Shows: Wow they were great. It was the best in house entertainment Ive seen. I wasn't too fond of the magic show but that's just me. I loved the lion king and having the kids from the kids club involved was so great. We didn't see mam mia but we did see the flamenco show and thought it was brill. The only criticism I have is that the shows are really geared towards the Spanish guests. Even the kids disco so maybe next year if you can hire even one British person so they can interpret a bit better.

The location: Its perfect. Go out the back entrance and you are right at the beach. A few mins walk down the road you will find restaurants and bars. About half an hour walk is all the big shops, Mango, H&M, Pull and bear etc. Also out the back entrance and turn u right you will find the big Mercado. Its cheaper than the super sol that's out the front entrance.

All in all had a fab trip and would absolutely recommend this hotel if you have children. Cannot wait to return next year. I just hope I get the same bargain price I got this time around :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room furthest away from the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Kitzkaaaabooom
Jose Fermín G, Director General at Sol Principe, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Hello Kitzkaaaabooom

First of all, thank you to take a time writing this extendend review. We're glad to know that you enjoyed Sol Príncipe. We are also happy to know that you enjoyed our, pool areas and night shows.

We take note about all your tips in order to become the perfect option for the holidays of everyone of our guests.
Kind regards,

Jose Fermín Gómez, General Manager Sol Principe Hotel.
Torremolinos
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Great location. Hotel spotless. Food choice and quality excellent. Great choice of fruit. No paper cups for all inclusive guests which makes such a difference. Kids club very good and include kids in some of the shows which are again excellent standard. Cannot fault this hotel at all. Wish I had the name of girl at reception when I booked in, she was fabulous. Definately go back. The pool is absolutely spotless and life guards on all day at all pools. Another good point
sun loungers locked till 9am no more early alarms for a lounger. Cathie

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Catherine S

My name is José Fermín Gómez; I am the General Manager of Sol Principe Hotel.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip advisor, and for enjoying your holidays with us.

The staff is thrilled with your lovely comments. We are very glad that you enjoyed our facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
José Fermín Gómez, General Manager of Sol Príncipe Hotel.
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

have stayed at this hotel twice with family ages from 3 to 40 was great for kids, the pools are fantastic and entertainment was great, kids club very good staff were great even though they seem to work round the clock!! food was good and always managed to find something for the fussy eaters in our party although it does get a little repetative after 10 days, only downside was the size of the rooms a studio apt for 3 is just an extra bed along the bottom of the 2 beds that are already quite cramped making it difficult to walk around and the extra bed has wheels sticking out the end which i believe is for easy transportation but i thought this was quite dangerous, it does state in the website that there is 1 bedroom apts avail in the older building which to be honest didnt look any older and after speaking to guests who were staying in them were told these were nice and spacious. all in all great hotel for all ages if you sit far away from kids pool you cant even hear the kids play.

Room Tip: book old apts much more spacious x
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jose Fermín G, General Manager at Sol Principe, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Sarah M.,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments about the hotel, I like that you enjoyed with our entertainment team.

I would like to tell you that we have family rooms with pool view and sea view both are spacious and can accommodate up to 4 people. You can check it visiting www.solprincipe.com.

Thank you again for your time and your tips that help us to achieve excelence.

Kind regards

José Fermín Gómez, general manager of Sol Príncipe Hotel.