Just returned from a long weekend away with 5 female friends.
The check in process was a faf and we were just pointed to where our apartment block was as it wasn't in the same building as the reception which was a bit of a strange way to start our holiday but once we found the right place it was ok. You have to leave 10 euro deposit to gain a key card for the pool which is annoying but not the end of the world as you get it back.
We had booked a 2 bed apartment which aparently had 2 twin rooms & 2 sofa beds to accomodate all 6 of us but on arrival we had a 3 bed apartment 2 with twins, 1 with a single bed and no sofa bed which meant that 3 women had to hold 2 twin beds together with bedding and slept horizontally across the bed instead as the sofas were not suitable to sleep on.
The apartment had ample space and was very clean, just not in our style of decor but its what we expected for a Spanish resort. We were on the 4th floor of Block B so overlooked the pool area and we could see the rooftop gay bars/clubs as mentioned in other reviews. To be honest we were there for the beach / pool in the day and to party all night so the noise from nearby clubs til 7am didn't bother us as we were out anyway. What I would say being 6 straight females is that ALL the nearby bards and clubs are gay so you either need to go further afield in Torremolinos or take a very quick & simple 9 euro taxi ride to Benalmedena like we did and you have loads of choice of restaurants by the harbour and the "24 hour square" which is loads of bars and clubs - be warned the touts pounce as soon as you cross the road to here so be prepared to haggle for offers and make sure you get a good deal on drinks before you make your selection of bar as there is plenty to choose from.
The apartments are 10 minute walk to the beach which is a gradual down hill past shops and cafes so it was a nice walk each day. The beach is lovely and clean, and there are loungers with thick mattresses that you can hire for 4.5 euros a day. We were mainly on the beach as the pool was very over looked and there was building work going on nearby so the noise from that wasn't exactly relaxing! There is a second much bigger pool that wasn't quite open when we stayed but it looked like it was very close to opening so we were all gutted we missed out on that as the main reason we booked this apartment was location to beach & airport as well as having a pool bar (which sadly it did not have open).
All in all the apartment is in a good location, right next to a supermarket to stock up on supplies and walking distance to the beach and it certainly felt a little less touristy and a little more Spanish then Benalmedena and the added bonus is that if you want better nightlife it is only a very short taxi ride away so we had the best of both worlds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Nogalera is located in the centre of Torremolinos, at about 200 meters from the beach. There are two swimming pools, and one more for children, gardens, shopping centre with bars, restaurants, supermarket, etc. All the apartments are comfortably equipped with linen, towels and kitchen equipment. They also have air conditioning. We have free WIFI in the reception and we have WIFI in the apartments too (with charge). We are situated at 15 Km from Málaga, 5 Km from the airport and 50 meters from the railway station and bus. We have garages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Apartamentos La Nogalera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos La Nogalera Hotel Torremolinos
- Apartamentos La Nogalera Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain