Staying for 3 nights as a 'mini honeymoon' with the new wife,
We were pleasantly surprised as to how close it actually is to the beach. There is a large gate at the front by the pool which when opened, the beach is literally a stone throw away. with a few shops nearby and only a few minutes away from the town centre
We stayed in room 302, a double room with a side sea view. While it isn't the largest room I've ever stayed in, it housed us comfortably. Well...I say comfortably, the bed was rather hard and only had 1 long pillow between us, with no more available from reception.
We paid for a sea view, hoping we'd have one of the rooms at the front, but instead we were mainly overlooking a 'wasteland' and a University hospital, but we did get some of the sea so we can't really complain there. Would have also preferred more plug sockets. there was only 1 in the room which was designed for the hairdryer. (and 1 in the bathroom).
While we never rely on the TV in hotels, we only managed to find 5 channels that spoke english, Horror +1, CBS Action, Now Music and 2 local info channels. would have been nice to have a bit more selection even if it's not meant to be the central feature.
The Air conditioning was by far the disappointment of the room, as i've said to the new missus on multiple occasions, you'd have been better off with an old man and a straw.
However i cannot fully moan about everything, the bathroom was very well presented, very clean and all in full working order so thumbs up there. (would just quickly mention that the water temperature fluctuated VERY violently between boiling and freezing at the peak times (5-7pm)
The pool areas were generally very clean, we watched the cleaners scrubbing them every morning and night from the balcony. As always there is a jostle for the sunbeds and no proper regulation of the "Don't leave towels on the sunbeds to reserve them" rule. the Pools themselves are well kept and very inviting. I would thought point your attention to the Parasols. The hut where they are kept smelt worse than a dog food refinery and the bases were very dirty (when you could actually get one)
Most people reading this will be worried about the 'bugs'. We didn't notice anything about this from any of the people we talked to. There are hand sanitisers dotted around the hotel, particularly at the toilets and entrance to the restaurant so if there are any bugs, it's down to people not observing good hygiene. Blame them, not the hotel.
I was looking forward to the restaurant and was not disappointed. 4 large rows full of gorgeous food, all fresh and very tasty. cooked and continental breakfasts, plenty of choice at lunch and dinner. and the desserts...oh the desserts...amazing. All the food is confined to one room, not like some hotels where it's some here, some there. Plus as mentioned before you have to sanitise your hands before you can enter. However, and this is a BIG However...
At dinner (evening meal, tea, supper, whatever you call it), it's a mantadory 'long trousers' rule. Now like most people i only had the jeans i came in, so it ended up being a pain to wear them every night. you can get away with shorts below the knee depending who is on the door, but on one evening, a lady (who shall remain anonymous at the request of my wife) refused me entry for shorts at the knee...fair enough. Once i went through and ate, i was APPAULED to see that she was letting in at least 10 (i counted) adults with smaller shorts than i did. Please beware of this.
Most of the entertainment was in Spanish, (granted that at least half of the hotel was spanish) but there were several (not all) translated into English (and french on the last night) The activities were engaging and varied, from water polo and bingo to rifle shooting and 'sjoelbak'. Overall very good
The hotel is very nice and as a whole a very pleasant stay, worth recommending to friends and family. A shame about the negative points, mainly with the room and the restaurant entrance.
Thank you Marconfort Beach club for a (mostly) pleasant experience
Mr and Mrs Bowes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel is located on the promenade in Torremolinos and is known for its excellent all-inclusive. It has three outdoor pools and direct access to Playamar beach. The guestrooms are bright and spacious, with panoramic views and a furnished balcony, as well as bathroom with hairdryer. It also offers a satellite TV with international channels, a safe for rent and free WiFi access. The resort features a wide range of daytime and nighttime entertainment. It has a poolside terrace with loungers, a gym, a heated pool, and a sauna (open seasonally). It also has a playground, a game room with billiards and darts, minigolf and free bike rental. The buffet restaurant offers a great variety of specialties like an Italian corner, a kebab corner, international cuisine and live-cooking show, as well as an adult only area. The hotel also has two more bars, one of them besides the pool. The reception desk is open 24 hours a day, and the hotel has a tourist information desk with tour bookings and car rental. The hotel is one mile from city centre and only three miles from Malaga airport. It also offers car and bike rental, plus free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Marconfort Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Hotel Torremolinos
- Beach Club Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Beach Hotel
- Torremolinos Beach Club Hotel
- Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain