I'll get straight to the point - whether or not you fall ill seems to be a game of chance that I'll never willingly play again. We keep pretty much to ourselves, but one of the few topics of conversation that others raised with us was "the bug".
We were careful to always choose food that was bubbling hot (one side of the serving area always seemed to be hotter than the other), we used all the sanitisers, checked our glasses/plates etc were clean, but still my wife, my son and myself all lost nearly three days of our holiday.
None of us have ever had anything like this on holiday before, and we have even visited the other Marconfort Hotel just up the hill, near the city centre. If one of us had fallen ill, I'd have said it was unfortunate, but for all three of us to be so wiped out was horrendous.
Once you've been affected you lose all appetite or desire to eat in the restaurant. The smell of cooking wafting through into the foyer turned our stomachs after being ill, rather being tantalising as it had before.
I've given a poor rating, rather than terrible, despite feeling we lost nearly half our holiday, as I really can't put my finger on what caused us to fall ill. The hotel is clean, and the maids were determined to get in to clean once I'd reported my family falling ill (at 3.30 am, when the receptionist simply noted our room number and circled it on a pad of paper containing several other room numbers similarly circled, before giving me toilet paper and fresh towels in a seemingly well rehearsed manner).
The food seemed to be well cooked and of good quality, and the drinks were fine too. An earlier review mentioned avoiding ice, so perhaps it's as simple as that, but again, I've always taken ice wherever I've been on my travels, and never once have even one of us suffered like that.
Staff also bring my score up, as they generally are very friendly and efficient. But frankly, I will never go back. I still have stomach pains nearly a week later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel is located on the promenade in Torremolinos and is known for its excellent all-inclusive. It has three outdoor pools and direct access to Playamar beach. The guestrooms are bright and spacious, with panoramic views and a furnished balcony, as well as bathroom with hairdryer. It also offers a satellite TV with international channels, a safe for rent and free WiFi access. The resort features a wide range of daytime and nighttime entertainment. It has a poolside terrace with loungers, a gym, a heated pool, and a sauna (open seasonally). It also has a playground, a game room with billiards and darts, mini golf and free bike rental. The buffet restaurant offers a great variety of specialties like an Italian corner, a kebab corner, international cuisine and live-cooking show, as well as an adult only area. The hotel also has two more bars, one of them besides the pool. The reception desk is open 24 hours a day, and the hotel has a tourist information desk with tour bookings and car rental. The hotel is one mile from city centre and only three miles from Malaga airport. It also offers car and bike rental, plus free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Marconfort Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Hotel Torremolinos
- Beach Club Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Beach Hotel
- Torremolinos Beach Club Hotel
- Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain