I've just come back from staying at the Marconfort beach club hotel. All in all pretty good, just a couple things that i feel people should be made aware of. No signs of any bug etc, the hotel is very clean, at any point of the day you see somebody cleaning. The hotel is not a 4* but more a good 3* this shouldn't put you off. The food is good. I have two comments on the food. 1, Having a young child means we get up relatively early. We used to go down at 8am ish. By this time the food had sat in the heaters since they had opened the doors, so eggs etc where not very nice. I noticed they cooked omelettes fresh. So I thought id give that a try. I waited for 15min at the counter but nobody was around. I asked a waiter who explained that chef doesn’t come out till “later”. Not a problem though. The staff in restaurant are very friendly and made a real fuss with 13month old daughter. The second point is snacks, I don’t understand why you can’t take them away?
Swimming pool area, always kept clean and more than enough beds. No need to race down with your towel at the crack of dawn!
Entertainment, we only watched a couple of the shows and they are pretty good. Drinks, I found it strange that your drinks are served in a plastic glass even in the main bar (piano bar) I understand that no glasses should be near the pool etc but in the main bar it would have been nice to have it a proper glass. Whilst the bar staff are friendly they did favour the Spanish guests when it came to getting served, whether this was on purpose or not I don’t know but it was noticeable. Again don’t let this put you off, I didn’t mind waiting a extra couple of minutes to get served.
Only negative was that the hotel charged me 40 euros for a cot which I had previously been told was free.
My final comment goes to the young security lad, we waiting for over 1hr for the bus which never showed. The security guard got a seat for wife, moved so we could put my daughter in the shade and they when he finished his shift and we was still waiting for the bus he offered to drop us off in his car. At first I declined but he insisted. He kindly dropped us off. I offered him money to say thank you but he declined. I insisted and he still declined. Very nice of him to go out of way. I can’t remember his name unfortunately.
Overall a very good hotel for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel is located on the promenade in Torremolinos and is known for its excellent all-inclusive. It has three outdoor pools and direct access to Playamar beach. The guestrooms are bright and spacious, with panoramic views and a furnished balcony, as well as bathroom with hairdryer. It also offers a satellite TV with international channels, a safe for rent and free WiFi access. The resort features a wide range of daytime and nighttime entertainment. It has a poolside terrace with loungers, a gym, a heated pool, and a sauna (open seasonally). It also has a playground, a game room with billiards and darts, minigolf and free bike rental. The buffet restaurant offers a great variety of specialties like an Italian corner, a kebab corner, international cuisine and live-cooking show, as well as an adult only area. The hotel also has two more bars, one of them besides the pool. The reception desk is open 24 hours a day, and the hotel has a tourist information desk with tour bookings and car rental. The hotel is one mile from city centre and only three miles from Malaga airport. It also offers car and bike rental, plus free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your Marconfort Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Hotel Torremolinos
- Beach Club Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Beach Hotel
- Torremolinos Beach Club Hotel
- Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain