“Pretty good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I've just come back from staying at the Marconfort beach club hotel. All in all pretty good, just a couple things that i feel people should be made aware of. No signs of any bug etc, the hotel is very clean, at any point of the day you see somebody cleaning. The hotel is not a 4* but more a good 3* this shouldn't put you off. The food is good. I have two comments on the food. 1, Having a young child means we get up relatively early. We used to go down at 8am ish. By this time the food had sat in the heaters since they had opened the doors, so eggs etc where not very nice. I noticed they cooked omelettes fresh. So I thought id give that a try. I waited for 15min at the counter but nobody was around. I asked a waiter who explained that chef doesn’t come out till “later”. Not a problem though. The staff in restaurant are very friendly and made a real fuss with 13month old daughter. The second point is snacks, I don’t understand why you can’t take them away?

Swimming pool area, always kept clean and more than enough beds. No need to race down with your towel at the crack of dawn!

Entertainment, we only watched a couple of the shows and they are pretty good. Drinks, I found it strange that your drinks are served in a plastic glass even in the main bar (piano bar) I understand that no glasses should be near the pool etc but in the main bar it would have been nice to have it a proper glass. Whilst the bar staff are friendly they did favour the Spanish guests when it came to getting served, whether this was on purpose or not I don’t know but it was noticeable. Again don’t let this put you off, I didn’t mind waiting a extra couple of minutes to get served.

Only negative was that the hotel charged me 40 euros for a cot which I had previously been told was free.

My final comment goes to the young security lad, we waiting for over 1hr for the bus which never showed. The security guard got a seat for wife, moved so we could put my daughter in the shade and they when he finished his shift and we was still waiting for the bus he offered to drop us off in his car. At first I declined but he insisted. He kindly dropped us off. I offered him money to say thank you but he declined. I insisted and he still declined. Very nice of him to go out of way. I can’t remember his name unfortunately.

Overall a very good hotel for the price.

2 Thank BrummieLee442
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear BrummieLee442 :
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We like to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a great time. Your positive comments make us want to improve and they help us to serve you better.

In the Piano Bar have glasses and always serve them, our bar staff served in these glasses when drinking glass inside the hotel, not the pool area, maybe it was a misunderstanding.
In reference to the cost of the cot, I have to say that we always charge and is not included in the price.
I will give your congratulations to security staff to help you.

Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (779)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

stayed for 10 nights check in was very quick emailed prior to arrival to ask or low floor (1-3) pool side and we got exactly what we asked for (thankyou) . Excellent variety of food choices something for everyone cocktails of the day were good . We found all staff to be helpful at all times and it was nice to see so many of the same staff there that have been there for quite some time. All staff work very hard they are a credit to the marconfort hotel.
Cleanliness of the whole building was good pool area was kept clean and tidy. It would help if other guests could use the bins instead of just leaving plastic cups at the side of their sun beds for someone else to move. There is a member of staff on the entrance to the restaurant at dinner time and evening meal time ensuring that guests are sanitizing their hands prior to entering but there is nobody there at breakfast and during snacks the number of people we saw at breakfast and during snack times entering the restaurant without sanitizing their hands we lost count surely this should be adhered to at all times maybe the hotel management can do something about this also it states that children under 12 should not take food from buffet unless accompanied by adult we found that parents were just letting their children help themselves sometimes touching food and then putting it back I.e bread barm cakes crisps. Previous reviews earlier in the year mentioned about a bug present at the hotel we have stayed here for 7 times now last year with grandchildren and we have never experienced any illness. Everyone we spoke to this year had said how much they had enjoyed there stay and that they would definitely return.
Entertainment was ok Four tops very good.

• 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Pat C
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Pat C :
Thank very much for taking the time to write a comment with regard to your visit to the Marconfort Beach Club Hotel and we are very proud to know that your stay was exceeding your expectations one more time.
It is true that our restaurant staff ensures that everyone uses the disinfectant before entering the restaurant, but there are services that we do not know at what time the customer can enter (snack time) and we understand that if the client uses the other services, why not use it when it is not the staffin the door ??, I think that is more aware of each customer to use for themselves.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Returned from holiday 14 August after a weeks stay. I travelled with a mixed age group of family members ranging from 10 to 69. I must say the entertainment was suitable for everyone. There was a good choice of food and kids loved the pizza bar. It was nice to try a cocktail of the day round the clean pool area . No problems in getting a sunbed and beach was opposite the hotel. The sun beds there were very comfy and good value added bonus is that you can come and go back and forth to hotel for drinks/lunch etc. The only downside to our holiday was that we was under the impression along with other disappointed guest was that we booked a family room to sleep 4 however it was a small room with three beds all lined up together with one bed along the bottom two of the beds were camp beds . I would return again my only advice is to check the room situation in more detail before booking it.

Room Tip: We stayed on top floor the 10th never heared any noise maybe due to carpeted floors. Rooms all appe...
Dear Cheryl B :
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased you had a great time and enjoyed your stay with us.
A triple room is a double room with a supplementary bed, a quadruple room is a double room with two supplementary beds etc. etc. not just in our Marconfort Beach Club Hotel but all hotels in Spain.
For your next visit we will try to have a a bit more spacious room.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late in the evening for our 10 night stay front desk staff polite and helpful. When I stay in hotels I expect to pay a deposit for my safe in the room but was surprised to have to pay a €2.50 daily charge on the safe €25 to keep my money passports safe in a 4* hotel altogether €15 deposit and €25 in charges I never had to pay chargers in a 1* hotel in Spain wifi is free in the reception area another hidden charge if you wish to have it in your room we had to wash a few items in the hotel €3 for the wash €2 dryer €1 washing tablets. Bar staff quick friendly all the food was fantastic restaurant staff fantastic entertainment every evening hit and miss all staff where great would prob book again

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Manx222
Dear Manx222 :
Thank you for your positive comments in reference to the staff, food and entertainment.
Additional charges are described on our website, such as you say (safe deposit box, wifi and laundry ) and there are many who are on the all inclusive, including: 1 hour free rental bicycle, gym, mini golf, etc).
I hope you finally think to book Marconfort Beach Club Hotel for your next holidays.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We have just returned from this hotel and I can certainly say I have no complaints at all. My husband and I took our 20 month old for a week here. The room was spotless, the balcony door didn't lock but once we informed the reception it was fixed immediately, just wear and tear. Food was lovely different things every night cooked beautifly you also had to sanitise your hands every time you went in. The pool area was clean and sunbeds always available, the baby pool was next to the little play area, my only worry was this was quite near the hotel entrance and car park. The pool area, sunbeds and chairs were washed every day and the poolside swept and cleaned, evening entertainment was good and had a good variety. The rooms were cleaned everyday and towels changed whenever you liked. As staff were very friendly and helpful, it was my 40th birthday while there and the management sent me a bottle of champagne and chocolates up to our room which we thought was an extremely lovely gesture especially as we didn't tell anyone it was my birthday so they must have looked last passport/booking form. We would definitely stay here again, and I totally recommend it.

6 Thank Hani S
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Hani S :
I'm glad you liked the detail of your room in reference to your birthday, always try to surprise our customers.
I cannot start to thank you enough for the wonderful review you have just written.
I am very glad to hear you have enjoyed your holidays on Marconfort Beach Club Hotel and surely hope we will have the chance to welcoming you back here sometime soon.
All your comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.
West Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Just arrived home from 11 great nights at the Beach Club. This is a great family hotel with plenty going on day and night which you can take or leave as you please.
The bedrooms at the beach end seem to be larger to accommodate families and we had one of these which was plenty big enough for 2 adults and 2 kids. Big wardrobe (take some hangers), nice bathroom, towels changed everyday, bedding a couple of times during our stay, always kept tidy. Not the greatest pillows I've had but used the blankets in the wardrobe to prop them up a bit which also freed some wardrobe space and I'd have liked some drawers, would be ok in family rooms but not sure if there would be space for them in the others. The carpet in the corridor was a bit shabby but when you're only on it back and forth to the room it didn't matter to us but impressions count.
The guests are predominantly split British and Spanish and due to the natural daily timetable the nationalities seem to keep this worked really well, as no area seemed overcrowded at anyone time when we were there, particularly the restaurant so we enjoyed leisurely mealtime with no queues. The staff would speak to the Spanish guests more but I think that is just because they can converse better with them, I wouldn't say there was any preferential treatment either way as has been suggested. If you have been to a Spanish all inclusive hotel before you will know what to expect as this is the same, plenty of choice, all well cooked and warm, self service drinks and efficient staff. It's a British thing but I would like to have the omelettes and pate moved (or added) from breakfast to lunch and dinner respectively.
Now the best bit, the sunbeds. The part I dread on holiday is getting up and fighting for sunbeds but that is not an issue at the beach club as everyone is catered for. If you want to be out for 8 to secure your favourite spot then you can, and I'm not knocking that as a few times when I was up i joined in but if you want to leave it later that is not a problem as the sunbeds and brollies are plentiful and the pool area is large so you can turn up just about anytime all morning and bag yourself a bed. They aren't the comfiest however but for a few euros at the hotel shop you can get a lilo to resolve the issue. Alternatively the beds at the beach are 4 euros a day and have mattresses thicker than the hotel beds, plus you can take your AI drinks over no problem.
The entertainment team is spot on, 5 activities a day for both kids and adults, a mini disco, free bingo for a bottle of spirits and a show at night. There is also table tennis, mini golf and bikes available if you leave a deposit with reception.
If you don't have a transfer then take the train from the airport to la colina which is 10 mins from the hotel. This line runs from Malaga to Fuengerola so is good for a day out, Malaga return was less than 5 euros each.
This was our first time to mainland spain as a family and the weather was much better than the various islands so I'd definitely return and would not hesitate to return to the beach club.

Room Tip: There is some noise from a club over the road so higher rooms seem to be preferred. You can see the...
4 Thank BingleyWhite69
Dear BingleyWhite69 :
For all of us, as part of the Marconfort Hotels & Apartments, we strongly believe that each guest has a unique experience and it’s glad to know that you were satisfied with our services and that your family enjoy every moment in our facilities.
We do appreciate very much that you chose us to be your host in Torremolinos, and thank you so much for sharing with us a moment that mean so much for you and your family.
Your continued patronage is the utmost importance, and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Lausanne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Second time at this hotel because of the excellent quality/services specially from M. Luis Luque. We came this time to spend our honeymoon holidays and we have received lots of surprises from Marconfort team in our room and inside the restaurant, a service perfect in this hotel, all was great. We have enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The food was excellent, all kind of cooking, if you like desserts, there are plenty choice and they are soooo good! The swimming pools are great, there are different activities planned during the day if you want to, it is also very good for kids. We recommend this hotel to any one.
Muchas gracias a todo, we spent very nice holidays in your establishment. Sabrina & Juan Mayor

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sabrina M
Dear Sabrina & Juan Mayor :
Thank you for choosing Marconfort Beach Club for your honeymoon!! I am pleased to read your feedback about your stay, and that we surpassed your expectations.
Wishing you a life full of memories together, and looking forward to your return on your anniversary.
May you need a baby cot.............................