We had checked some reviews before booking this hotel and were excited for staying here. But dismay soon set in when reading further reviews later. By the time we set off for our holiday we were expecting a dump with people stuck in rooms with the dreaded bug and the hotel ready to be closed down!!!! We found quite the opposite! A lovely hotel .... Clean, friendly and excellent restaurant! Good entertainment and well run. So don't believe all you read. People are a lot quicker to criticise than praise!!
We had brought plenty of Imodium with us for any bouts of the runs which seemed from on here we were guaranteed to suffer from! Neither my husband or I had any illness whatsoever and indeed were very impressed with all the meals. Plenty of choice, well cooked and full of flavour. The staff were very hygiene conscious wearing gloves and constantly cleaning down. Everyone had to use hand sanitizer before they entered the restaurant and called back if they didn't use it properly! A godsend considering many guests would use the public loos and leave em without washing their hands!!! It is the guests that are to blame for any viruses. Certainly not the hotel so people really need to stop dissing the place on here.
I am not saying it is the guests own fault if they fall ill. Majority of guests were clean and obeyed rules.... But those who didn't do put others at risk. In the week we were there we saw people not bother with the cloth when cutting the fresh bread and manhandled it whilst coughing!!! We saw lots of coughs and sneezes near food with no attempt to cover their mouth and noses! Some didn't bother with the tongs to pick up food... Young and old!!! I have to admit I poured champagne on the table one morning... Careless i know ... but I was left open mouthed at a man in his 30s who came up to the side of me whilst I was pouring it and he emptied the contents of his babies bottle into the ice bucket!!!!!!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing! The only thing I can suggest the hotel does to combat any viruses is to carry on how they are but employ more staff to just observe and stop these dirty beasts of guests spreading germs!!!
Yes the bedrooms are tired and dated, but we had no intention of staying long in our rooms each day. It was kept clean and all rooms have seaview. So no complaints.
All public areas were spotless. If anything wifi was very slow but again when on holiday is it necessary to be constantly online???? And sunbeds could really do with cushions on them!!
Entertainment was laid on during the day and night. Some acts were better than others but good overall. Look out for the Argentinian drummers who were amazing and le Clochard the magician who was very funny!!
A great place for families. We were just a couple so it was probably a bit too family orientated for us but we would definitely recommend it to others!
The hotel is at the far end of Torremolinos but still a lovely walk to Benalmadena and its pretty marina.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel is located on the promenade in Torremolinos and is known for its excellent all-inclusive. It has three outdoor pools and direct access to Playamar beach. The guestrooms are bright and spacious, with panoramic views and a furnished balcony, as well as bathroom with hairdryer. It also offers a satellite TV with international channels, a safe for rent and free WiFi access. The resort features a wide range of daytime and nighttime entertainment. It has a poolside terrace with loungers, a gym, a heated pool, and a sauna (open seasonally). It also has a playground, a game room with billiards and darts, mini golf and free bike rental. The buffet restaurant offers a great variety of specialties like an Italian corner, a kebab corner, international cuisine and live-cooking show, as well as an adult only area. The hotel also has two more bars, one of them besides the pool. The reception desk is open 24 hours a day, and the hotel has a tourist information desk with tour bookings and car rental. The hotel is one mile from city centre and only three miles from Malaga airport. It also offers car and bike rental, plus free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Marconfort Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Hotel Torremolinos
- Beach Club Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Beach Hotel
- Torremolinos Beach Club Hotel
- Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain