My boyfriend and I visited this hotel for 5 days during February, and for the first 3 days had a lovely time - the room was clean, beds were comfortable, evening entertainment was great, drinks were plentiful (alcohol given in triple measures - watch out!), indoor pool was useful when it was raining and the outdoor pool area wa lovely when sunny. Also the location of this hotel was lovely, it was a 20 minutes/ half an hour walk along the sea front into the town which was beautiful when sunny!
Up until day 3 we would have said the food was excellent - always something for everyone, however one lunch time I noticed the meat we had both picked up was undercooked and raw- so prevented us from eating it. But the same evening after retuning to the hotel room we were both violently sick consistently throughout the night and following morning- no mistaking a bad case of food poisoning. Be very warey of the food here - I'd suggest turning vegetarian for the week! Upon going downstairs to request a bottle of water the morning after we were told by a rather unfriendly bartender that water was only given out in the evening, yet when we went down at 8.30pm the man still would not give us water, until we explained it was necessary due to our illness.. In general I wouldnt say the staff were friendly, except for the maids who were great, we felt awful due to them having to clean up after us.. Yet they did it graciously and smiley, and later found us to ask if we were feeling better!
We've decided we would most definitely return to this area.. Just most probably another hotel, the food situation put us off an other wise great hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel is located on the promenade in Torremolinos and is known for its excellent all-inclusive. It has three outdoor pools and direct access to Playamar beach. The guestrooms are bright and spacious, with panoramic views and a furnished balcony, as well as bathroom with hairdryer. It also offers a satellite TV with international channels, a safe for rent and free WiFi access. The resort features a wide range of daytime and nighttime entertainment. It has a poolside terrace with loungers, a gym, a heated pool, and a sauna (open seasonally). It also has a playground, a game room with billiards and darts, minigolf and free bike rental. The buffet restaurant offers a great variety of specialties like an Italian corner, a kebab corner, international cuisine and live-cooking show, as well as an adult only area. The hotel also has two more bars, one of them besides the pool. The reception desk is open 24 hours a day, and the hotel has a tourist information desk with tour bookings and car rental. The hotel is one mile from city centre and only three miles from Malaga airport. It also offers car and bike rental, plus free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Marconfort Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Hotel Torremolinos
- Beach Club Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Beach Hotel
- Torremolinos Beach Club Hotel
- Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain