My wife and I have just returned from a very pleasant stay at the Marconfort Beach Club.
We found the staff, food, and the hotel in general to be very good. Although I would say that the bedroom especially the bathroom was not four star standard.
There was only one thing that would prevent us from returning to the hotel and that was the plumbing in the bathroom.
In the morning there was a strong smell in the bathroom of rotten eggs, and when I ran the taps in the wash hand basin and bath for about five minutes the smell disappeared. I looked under the wash hand basin and to my amazement I noticed that there was no U-bend or water trap fitted to the drain pipe.
A U-bend creates a seal that prevents sewer gas from passing from the drain pipes back into the occupied space of the building.
We made sure that our tooth brushes etc were not left out in the bathroom.
During our stay we heard that a few people had been sick and that they were all pointing the finger at the restaurant as the source of the bug. We found the food in the hotel excellent and well prepared and in my opinion they were looking in the wrong place. I think the plumbing was more likely to be the cause of the problem.
In summary, apart from the plumbing we found the hotel good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel is located on the promenade in Torremolinos and is known for its excellent all-inclusive. It has three outdoor pools and direct access to Playamar beach. The guestrooms are bright and spacious, with panoramic views and a furnished balcony, as well as bathroom with hairdryer. It also offers a satellite TV with international channels, a safe for rent and free WiFi access. The resort features a wide range of daytime and nighttime entertainment. It has a poolside terrace with loungers, a gym, a heated pool, and a sauna (open seasonally). It also has a playground, a game room with billiards and darts, mini golf and free bike rental. The buffet restaurant offers a great variety of specialties like an Italian corner, a kebab corner, international cuisine and live-cooking show, as well as an adult only area. The hotel also has two more bars, one of them besides the pool. The reception desk is open 24 hours a day, and the hotel has a tourist information desk with tour bookings and car rental. The hotel is one mile from city centre and only three miles from Malaga airport. It also offers car and bike rental, plus free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Marconfort Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Hotel Torremolinos
- Beach Club Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Beach Hotel
- Torremolinos Beach Club Hotel
- Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain