Just returned from a 11 day stay at the Beach Club.
Our party consisted of 6 people ranging in age 8-84yrs old staying in 3 rooms on floor level 1(106/7/14) all of which had side sea views with daytime sunshine.
As you will understand due to the mix of ages it would have been tricky for a hotel to accomodate the needs of the various members of the family.
In my opinion the hotel largely met the needs of my group.
Being recently upgraded from a 3 star to a 4 star hotel the upgraded reception area/lounge was everything you would expect from a 4 star hotel
The check in was speedy and efficient.
4 small lifts which suggests suitable for 6 but would have to be people on the slim side to fit.
Only 1 of the lifts went as far as downstairs where the 3 pools are situated and the other main bar and theatre so was problematic for the elderly and disabled where a long wait was the norm especially at peak times for example at the end of a theatre show.
Probably no more than a 3 star room which was in size good for a couple but less so for a family where extra beds have to be accomodated.
Decoration and furniture a bit dated but ok.
Bathroom fine in size but tended to be quite dark principally due to the dark green ceiling tile which I am sure a bright tile would enhance considerably.
Shower was also very old fashioned but a negative was the fixed shower screen making it almost impossible for the elderly /disabled to access having to step over the bath to access and unfortunately the taps/shower controls were at the far end of the bath meaning you had to negotiate the entire length of the screen to access.
A reasonable sized balcony with a terrific view.(Very Good)
I found the staff to be one of the best things about the hotel.
The kids club reps were superb and the bar staff very good also.
Good service always smiling even for the many young children who came to the bar for drinks.
Occassionally a queue would form for drinks but not that often and even then only a few minutes.
The reception staff I found were not quite so friendly and sometimes tended to ignore you but not a big issue.
Think this is an area which would be the focus of divided opinion.
Our group on balance found the food to be pretty good with a good variety and always piping hot.
The pasta/pizza bar very popular with my 10 years old and 8 yr old grandchildren.
You could choose at lunch/dinner every day from either pork,chicken,turkey,beef,fish with continental cold meats,salad bar available also and 2 choices of soup.
Some of these choices hand cooked and served by a chef carvery style.
You would have a choice of at least 3 of these options and always various deserts and ice cream.
At breakfast the chef prepared omelettes or fried eggs was popular.
Sausages and Bacon usual Spanish standard.
Drinks were the most disappointing for me.
Nothing wrong with the measures they gave you but whatever drink you tried had no strength to it and many did not taste very pleasant.
Perhaps the draught mixers will not have helped.
3 outside pools and 1 indoor pool heated shut during the summer were very pleasant areas but tended to be very heavily populated and not much space.
The sunbeds were the usual white plastic slatted version but no cushions to make this very uncomfortable seating and after day 1 our group avoided completely.
Also if you wanted a sunbed you had to be an early bird with the towel on sunbed custom very prevalent and not controlled by the hotel.
However,there was a plentiful supply of table and chairs around the corner from the pools which suited our needs.
Could do with extra parasol bases as they were few in number and most people didnt use them with the result that when the wind appeared they toppled quite frequently.
Many of the tables did not have holes in the middle to allow parasol use.
Entertainment every night from 8.30pm with either a kids mini disco,parrot show,reptile show,eagle show which the kids loved and fun to watch for adults.
Bingo at 9.30 and a cabaret act at 10pm.
Watch out for the exhorbitant 15 euro per photo per child taken after each of the animal shows.
The acts for our group were in the main quite good and the standard equal to what you would find perhaps in any Social Club.
The only other minor niggle I had was the hotel charged 2 euro for use of the pool table which I thought was a little expensive.
Overall our group thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and many of the critiscisms I have made are relatively minor.
I would consider the hotel suitable for families but not really young couples or people looking for peace and quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel is located on the promenade in Torremolinos and is known for its excellent all-inclusive. It has three outdoor pools and direct access to Playamar beach. The guestrooms are bright and spacious, with panoramic views and a furnished balcony, as well as bathroom with hairdryer. It also offers a satellite TV with international channels, a safe for rent and free WiFi access. The resort features a wide range of daytime and nighttime entertainment. It has a poolside terrace with loungers, a gym, a heated pool, and a sauna (open seasonally). It also has a playground, a game room with billiards and darts, mini golf and free bike rental. The buffet restaurant offers a great variety of specialties like an Italian corner, a kebab corner, international cuisine and live-cooking show, as well as an adult only area. The hotel also has two more bars, one of them besides the pool. The reception desk is open 24 hours a day, and the hotel has a tourist information desk with tour bookings and car rental. The hotel is one mile from city centre and only three miles from Malaga airport. It also offers car and bike rental, plus free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marconfort Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Hotel Torremolinos
- Beach Club Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Beach Hotel
- Torremolinos Beach Club Hotel
- Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain