WINNER WONDERLAND

and 1 more site!
Hotel El Pozo
Ranked #38 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Ok location if you like the area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Came to Torremolinos for one night before flying out of Malaga airport. Hotel El Pozo is located just off the main shopping presinct in Torremolinos, and proudly displays it's name on the side of the shop next door, so is therefore easy to spot.

The rooms are a reasonable size, although a little dusty and faded. Our's had a small balcony, which directly adjoined next doors, with a small trellis in between. Double glazing ensures that road and crowd noise is kept to a minimum. Unfortunately our airconditioning was very poor, and had no control other than a switch on the wall, meaning we were VERY hot at night. Our friend however, had a fully functioning unit, so at least he managed a good night's sleep. Shower rooms were large, and newly furnished.

We only stayed one night in Torremolinos, and will not be coming again, not my idea of a holiday!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Finnish first
Torremolinos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

We would definitely return to this hotel because the room was clean and fresh, great shower, the bed was really comfortable [a bit squeaky at times (",)]; Hotel El Pozo is excellent value - much better than we expected.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Martin O
yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights for a weekend break The rooms are of a good size the location is good near to the main shopping area. There are plenty of bars some very late ones within walking distance. It's quite a hike down some steps to the beach or walk down a steady slope.
Good value for money and will use again

• Stayed March 2012
Marbella, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

I have a house in Spain some distance from Torremolinos where the night life is and I meet local friends there frequesntly. This hotel is right next door to the night life and convenient to drop into for good but cheap basic accomodation instead of taking a taxi home late at night.This time I was there for a week with me partner whilst work was being carried out at my place.When I had been there in the past inviting friends to the room to socialize was never a problem. There was no intention for them to sleep over in any way but this was a big issue with the night staff who said he can come into the room for 15 minutes only. I have never caused noise in the past so Im at a loss to know what the problem was this time. However the room was so hot one night (hotel full on the weekend) I called the porter who explained that the AC system was at maximum but it was so impossible to sleep it was cooler to get up and sit outside and cool off. This was reported to reception. The temperature was reading 27C inside and the minimum settings were too high anyway (its a cheap hotel and I guess electric is now a major cost but why not charge a little more for a good nights sleep?)
Its a small hotel and I made no problem of it in the morning as they had always been pleasant in the past but realistically the night should have been discounted as unusable.
I need to add here that having stayed before a few times (they had kept all my details) I presumed it was for this reason they didnt ask me to pay upfront until a day or two into the stay where upon request I did so and my card details were with them again. Finally I requested by phone a late check out (agreed at 20 Euros) and an additional night to the booking,again nobody asked for upfront payment. My partner however attended for breakfast the following morning and they refused to provide it as the bill wasnt paid but they did back down with some reasoning finally (I was out with the wallet!) When I came to leave and pay with the card, right there and then I had a text message from my bank to contact them and verify payments to unlock security. I explained to the receptionist that it may take 20 minutes to clear and I needed to bring the car up and give her the garage key back anyhow so ' could I do it all together'?. The answer was quite humiliating 'Not without leaving your Iphone with me'. The bill was 80Euros and I asked her 'thats quite insulting, is the risk of loosing my business again worth the risk of my not coming back to pay you?' and especially when you have the card details anyway and there was a night without adequate AC that shouldnt even be charged for? There was no apology and no comment just a smile and the insistance to wait. The card cleared within a minute or two, I collected the car and returned the key.Having had no apology for the offence I wont stay again as in the past I have spent so much money with them this behaviour is crazy and unacceptable. Shame!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Globalmover
sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

Another stay here, it just gets better ...its home to home...All the staff are fantastic.

this hotel is a real gem to treasure....................

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

Ideal location for couples not interested in beach or swimming pool. Near all amenities.
Rooms a bit small but ok for short stay. Service at breakfast very good which consists only of rolls/bread tea coffee juice which was quite adequate.

Staff very friendly and hotel rooms very clean. we had a balcony (v.small) not all rooms had balconies.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 186605Helen
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2009

My hubby and I visited Torremolinos summer of 2008. We had such a great time and much of that is owed to the wonderful staff at Hotel El Pozo. It's a modest hotel but perfect if you are looking for good price and value. In the middle of our trip we had to fly over to UK and the staff were so kind to keep our luggage at the hotel and did their best to get us back into the same room upon our return. They really did everything they could to make our stay easy and enjoyable. We plan to visit Torremolinos again and we'll definitely stay at Hotel El Pozo again.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple