Residencia Miami Hotel
Melia Costa del Sol(Torremolinos)
$184
  • Pool
Sol Don Pablo by Melia(Torremolinos)
$147
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

Sol Principe by Melia(Torremolinos)
$198
$188
  • Beachfront
Sol Don Marco by Melia(Torremolinos)
$135
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $155/night.

$113
$92
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

Sol House Costa del Sol by Melia(Torremolinos)
$211
  • Breakfast included
Sol Don Pedro by Melia(Torremolinos)
$161
$143
  • Pool
Hotel Zen Airport(Torremolinos)(Great Value!)
$55
$53
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $84/night.

Hotel Isabel(Torremolinos)
$128
$121
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

Bajondillo Apartments(Torremolinos)
$96
$90
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

All reviewsno liftspanish buildingla carihuela beachground floor roommontemar altonice poolstayed longershort walk to the beachsunbathing areaclean roomseach morninglots of shopsair conditioningmalaga airportreception areasea frontspain
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The hotel is perfect location to the beach and shops. We just stayed for a night as we were heading to Marbella in the morning. The room is very basic but this is first time I stayed in 2* so I accept this is what I should expect and rate it accordingly.
The staff were very helpful and the parking at the hotel was very useful for us as the streets were full of cars and I found it much safer to park within the walls of the hotel.
The pool looked well maintained although we did not use it.
Breakfast is very simple and is served at table - Small glass of Orange Juice, tea/coffee, a mini muffin and a very small toasted baguette with jam/butter. I felt they could improve this and provide at least a basic continental breakfast which could even be charged as an extra. Hence rated it very good rather than excellent.
Overall will definitely stay here again.

2  Thank Anusha2010
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stopped here for a couple of nights to recover from a horrible case of jet lag flying in from the US. Lovely little hotel near the beach and shops. Peaceful garden with pool , nice breakfast, extremely great front desk people. Everything we needed - great start to our vacation.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tom W
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I really wanted to love this hotel, we usually stay at the Tiburon which is currently being refurbished.

All in all I think the location was great, but the sleep quality, pool area and balconies let the whole place down and I’m sad to say we won’t be returning.

I knew this hotel was old style and had no problem at all with the older furnishings in Reception I actually thought it gave the place character. Check-in seemed to take ages but hey ho.

Bedrooms
We were initially given room 8, it was tiny, the ‘balcony’ was only about 10 inches deep you could not get a chair on it, it overlooked the ‘garden’ which was in fact just a back alley. It smelled really strongly of furniture polish. As we were staying for 8 nights I went and asked if we could change to a room with a proper balcony or one overlooking the pool, we were told not because it was full. Fair enough.

Returned from our night out to find 3 cockroaches on the floor, I found this very unusual as Ive been coming to Carihuela for years and rarely see them….. we complained and were told we could move rooms the next day, we were given the excuse that someone must have had ‘food in the room’. It occurred to me then that the smell of polish experienced earlier was in fact roach spray.

Next morning another beastie had joins us even though we had closed all the windows, and put towels around the door. Nice.

They moved us to room 11 which was on the same floor. This room was bigger with a large shower (no bath but not bothered), same tiny balcony and ‘garden’ view. The bathroom and furnishings were modern and well kept. The room was clean. What was missing was any sound proofing whatsoever, although the rooms had been refurbished to a good standard, the doors into the rooms were still the rickety old ones, ours did not close properly unless locked and had so many gaps in it.

You do expect some noise but we could hear the tinkering of cups on the floor below and if someone was smoking downstairs, it wafted into our room. I thought it would be really cheeky to ask to change again so we didn’t, but as the week wore on I wish that we had. It was so noisy.
The beds were uncomfortable and lumped in with the noise the sleep quality was very poor.
We paid €18 euro’s plus deposit to rent the safe which turned out not to be attached to the wall and could easily have been carried off, again I didn’t bother complaining as I’d hate to be one of those nightmare guests but now I think I probably should’ve.

Pool Area
The pool area was nice enough, there were a few sun lounger but the actual sunbathing area was grassed (a pet hate of mine) and mostly in the shade which was no use to anyone really so we didn’t use the pool at all.

Breakfast
OJ, tea or coffee, a small pre packaged mini muffin, small toasted baguette, jam, butter.
Served, efficiently on the terrace, can’t say much more about it.

1  Thank zedtwed
Reviewed June 21, 2013

traditional andalucian hotel , lovely building with large paintings and quirky ornaments etc.
very pretty terrace over looking pool area, rooms are basic but very clean, large shower.
If you want modern all mod cons then you wont like it, but if you appreciate lovely buildings and a little bit quirky this is for you, 2 minute walk to the beach and the shops, cariheula is a lovely place and we love it.
only downfalls at hotel was the breakfast which was a bit basic a croissant would be nice instead of a roll. and the bar could be open more and sell snacks , they do offer paella but they need 24hrs notice, could do more food.
Has its own car park which is great as parking is in short supply round there and has wifi .
Staff are nice and friendly , we speak spanish so able to chat to them. worth a visit

Room Tip: can have a pool view which is the best, have to ask
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I've never put a review about this hotel on trip advisor before (although we have stayed a least a dozen times) for the simple reason that we love it and want to be able to return at least twice a year. The location is fantastic , the building is beautiful and the staff are wonderful . My problem is that we have introduced many more people to the delights of the "Miami" Including our spanish friends. Javier will make a very tasty paella if you give him some notice and serve it on the patio- I'd recommend this at least once during your stay. The staff are brilliant and helpful. The bakery is La Tahona and this is great for a coffee (1.50 euro), a fresh orange (2.50 e) and a pitufo de tomate (1.20 e- a bread roll with tomato and oil). It also serves lunches, evening meals or just sit and have a drink. The difficulty is choosing where to eat in la carihuela as there are so many good places. My favourites are La Cigala and the chiringuito el Le Le which is on the beach immediately after la Tahona and handy for buying a cold beer when on the sunbeds of Manolo's beach. We can't fault the "Miami" or la carihuela - already booked for August and planning for May 2014.

• Stayed: June 2013