“Cheap ,CLEAN, and cheerful”

Hotel Boutique El Tiburon
Ranked #26 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
wets yorkshire England
“Cheap ,CLEAN, and cheerful”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Just stayed at the Tiburon for a short break, We arrived late at night, And check in was easy had a beer at the same time. Room was basic, but had all that we needed. Bathroom was a nice size, And there was always plenty of hot water, for a bath or shower. It was really hot when we were there, And there was only a ceiling fan which was'nt much good against the heat. We just left one of the balcony doors open, And the window in the bathroom open so a breeze blow right through, Which did help a bit. Rooms were cleaned and beds made everyday.
The pool area was alright not over big, Most of the loungers had really thick cushions on them which were nice and comfy. The hotel is in a really good location 5 mins to the front and beach. Did'nt eat in the hotel so car'nt really comment on the food. But was told it was ok. We had not been to Torremolinos before, And have to say we really loved this part of Torremolinos, Think it's called La Carihuela, There are not a lot of high rise buildings, the Front is lovely no traffic, Same on the street behind.
And even though there are loads of touristy shops, it has really kept that Spanish feel.
We will go back.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alxcaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I've just returned from a 6-night solo stay in El Tiburon. The room was cheap and clean and offered all that I needed - a bed, a bathroom and somewhere to put my stuff. It did get very hot, even with the ceiling fan on, and my room was noisy being a roadside one, but I didn't spend much time in the room so not a huge problem. The maids were very friendly and cleaned the room every day, replacing the towels several times during my stay. The staff were mostly friendly (there was one who made me feel a bit uncomfortable as a young woman there alone one day, but nothing scary). The room and bathroom were both a good size and the shower was a really good one. The location is excellent, just 2 or 3 minutes' walk from the beach (leave the hotel, turn right then right again), about 15 minutes' walk from Montemar Alto station if you want to take the train to Malaga (this involves a steep hill however!), and about a 30 or 40 minute walk along the sea to Benalmadena marina.There are some lovely restaurants on the beach and streets nearby, as well as the chiringuitos for drinks. I had room-only so went out for breakfast at La Tahona de la Carihuela (turn right when you leave the hotel and it's there in front of you when you turn right again to head to the beach), which offered a range of Spanish, continental and British breakfasts at good prices (I recommend the bocadillo tomate y aceite [tomatoes and olive oil on toasted bread]). The pool looked nice though I didn't use it as the sea was right there. I had coffee in the bar a few times, which was cheap and good, and being open all the day and night apart from 8am-9am the bar was convenient for bottled water, but I didn't have any other drinks there so can't comment on those. I would recommend this hotel for a cheap stay in La Carihuela, though I would personally try to get in at the Cabello first (where I stayed last year) if I were going on my own again, as I never encountered anything that made me feel uncomfortable there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank rachelsbuk
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2012

just come back from our .2nd vist this year..the staff and hotel allthe same we talked to the new russian manager who told us the hotel will be renamed and completely refurbished to a 3 star prob half board fridges in rooms ect ..... i hope they will leave a bit of character there.....we are going in sept for the last time this year in the old tib ...hope they keep the staff next year

Room Tip: 307 have 4 beds
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank fussyme09
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Booked a 3 night mini break and have to say we were very impressed with the hotel. It was clean and friendly...the room was cleaned every day! The room didnt have aircon and we were a bit concerned at first as the temp outside was 34 degrees...however, it did have a large ceiling fan which was more than adequate! Only 3 mins walk to the beach, bars and restaurants. Would definately stay there again and recommend to friends and family. Thankyou for an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the street, there was some noise but the windows were double glazed.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sue F
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel in June this year! We paid £158 which worked out about £25 per night! Amazing price the hotel is basic but for that price you get more than you would expect! The rooms are a big size an cleaned in a daily basis!
The pool is kept clean and is bigger than it looks in photos!
The location is perfect in between the n340 main road and the beach! When you walk out the hotel turn left and then turn left again and your at the beach, f you walk along the beach front to your right a 15 min stroll your at benamaldena! The marina there is lovely!

All the staff are very friendly and helpful one night our toilet wouldn't flush, told the reception and within 10 minutes somebody was up to fix it!

We only ate toast so can't comment on t food! But this hotel is impressive for the little money paid!
Exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank twinkle_t0e
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is a great little hotel. Yes - it is dated - but the maids clean the rooms every day and fresh towels are left. Most of the residents had been there time and time again, which says it all. This was only our first visit - but I hope it wont be our last. The only problem is that the hotel has been bought by two Russian brother's - the were arrogant and ignored everyone whilst we were there, and the staff are not sure what the future holds for them or the hotel. We saw one of the new owners outside the Hotel, and my husband tried to say hello but he was totally ignored. Very rude - they clearly have no respect for the paying guests. But the Hotel staff more than made up for their rudeness. They were so friendly and helpful. In particular Pedro who always had a smile and a little joke, My husband went to the bar every morning and brought tea and coffee to our bedroom. The Hotel is 5 minutes walk to the front, I found the sand too hot and the sea too cold so I preferred to stay by the pool. Hotel drink prices were the same as the bars on the front. 2.50 Euros for a pint of San Miguel. The snacks such as pizzas and toasted sandwiches were tasty and reasonable, We didn't have breakfasts in the hotel but they smelled nice, The beds were a bit hard but you get used to them and I prefer that to saggy old beds. The mozzies were active and repellents had no real effect, take some anti sting cream if you tend to react to bites.
All in all a great little hotel, I wish I was there now! I will keep my eye on Trip Advisor to see what is happening to the staff and hotel for next year,

Room Tip: Ask for a high room overlooking the pool. You will then get a little view of the sea and a balcony
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PaulineMulkerrins
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2012

we have stayed at this hotel a number of times, the last time being in 2011. on arriving at the hotel we were given our room key and directed to the very old, dated lift... although it still works!! we got to our room which was basic very very clean and had a small balcony. The room had two single beds with sparkling white bedding, a small vanity unit and a super clean bathroom, exactly what I had booked and wanted, the towels and bed sheets were changed regularly and if i asked the staff a question they were attentive.
On getting up in a morning ok there is no tea/coffee making equiptment but what do we expect when we pay £30 a night. This meant I went to the little bar in reception where they were more than happy to provide coffee and tea to take back to your room, of course you had to pay!!
this was more than ample for a stay unless you are expecting 5 star luxury which of course is not going to happen.
As I say you pay for what you get.
a fab little place in a small quaint village which has never lost its charm over the years and I will still ocntinue to go and will stay at the tiburon again.
Thanks for a cheap and cheerful break.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple