We stayed at the Don Pedro for 16 nights in Feb.-March this year. We had been looking for somewhere which had daytime activities as well as evening entertainment. Having holidayed in the near area a few times, we were aware as to the convenient location, being only a few minutes from the promenade and beach and a 10-15 minute walk to Torremolinos centre. We were not impressed with the room we were given, it being in an inside corner which got little or no sun at all, however when we returned to reception, we were offered an alternative, without any fuss. Rooms in this part of a 3 hotel complex are average, but kept very clean with regular changes of linen. The dining area, which serves the 3 hotels, is one of the best we have been in, both in terms as to how it is managed and the quality and choices of meals. All the hotel staff, with whom we came in contact with, were friendly and helpful. The acid test for anywhere we have stayed, is would we come back and would we recommend it to friends and family ?? The answer to both those questions, is a definite YES !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Pedro, has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), together with the Sol Don Pablo and Sol Don Marco forms part of the Don Hotels Complex. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, the new rooms (refurbish in 2016) are decorated in a modern and functional style with views over the mountain, gardens and swimming pool. Floating wood floors have been installed in all of them, they have new wardrobes, beds and bedclothes, curtains, mattresses, a giant 43-inch flat screen TV with satellite channels and air conditioning and heating systems. New windows have been installed with insulating glass to keep out noise. All of the rooms have free Wi-Fi, a Safe (*) and a minibar (On request) (*), desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years old). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Sol Don Pedro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pedro Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pedro Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain