Stayed for first week of Oct. on a half board basis. We arrived late (10 pm) but a selection of dinner items were kept for us to eat in the restaurant I had read about the waiting time for lifts in previous posts so on check in asked for 1st or second floor so I could manage the stairs if needed, also I wanted it to be overlooking the entertainment . There was non available so took 605 and was asked to check in morning for lower floor. The room was fine and big and was fitted out in a modern style with small 19’’ LCD TV and nice bed and a bath with shower in a good sized bathroom. Next morning the helpful receptionist gave us 118 which had a walk in shower and had been refurbished this year. The reception staff were all very helpful as I have found in all the Sol hotels.
The meals were good and dinner choice seemed better on the first 3 days than on the following 4. Five months earlier we stayed at the Sol Aloha Puerto on the other side of Torromolinos and I would put the food there as superior with a wider choice and slightly hotter. The Don Pedro breakfast had some good points one was having tea pots which the Aloha did not. The orange juice was of a poor quality there was a diabetic option on a table ( I do praise the hotel for these sugar free items option) but this was not much better. Eggs were cooked fresh every morning on a flat hotplate not a pan so ask for easy over if you don’t like very runny ones.
I found the entrainment at night to be very good and it attracted large crowds from all three hotels. There is a selection of pools in the gardens with plenty of beds on different levels to sunbath on and also two synthetic outdoor bowls pitches at the side of the hotel.
This is a good hotel and if the few minor items in the restaurant were attended too I would give it five stars. Thanks to all the cheerful and helpful staff in the hotel who made our stay most pleasant
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol Don Pedro has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), together with the Sol Don Pablo and Sol Don Marco forms part of the Don Hotels Complex. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, the new rooms (refurbish in 2016) are decorated in a modern and functional style with views over the mountain, gardens and swimming pool. Floating wood floors have been installed in all of them, they have new wardrobes, beds and bedclothes, curtains, mattresses, a giant 43-inch flat screen TV with satellite channels and air conditioning and heating systems. New windows have been installed with insulating glass to keep out noise. All of the rooms have free Wi-Fi, a Safe (*) and a minibar (On request) (*), desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years old). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Sol Don Pedro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pedro Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pedro Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain