I checked out yesterday morning, from a 13-night stay as a single guest. I paid for an upgraded room and was rewarded with a nicely-sized room with twin beds and a balcony overlooking the Don Pedro pool area. The room was well equipped, with a safe, air-conditioning, telephone and TV (with some English channels - Sky, BBC, etc.).
The room was cleaned every day and the whole complex is spotless, indoors and out. Guests share facilities at all three hotels in the complex, which include eight outdoor and one indoor swimming pools, at least two Jacuzzis, a small (but well-equipped) gym, plus numerous bars, two pool bar/cafes and there are a doctor and hairdresser available somewhere on the complex too.
I had breakfast most days and there was the usual huge choice (I even saw some guests having 3 or 4 course breakfasts!).
A typical night's entertainment could include Happy-hour at three bars (in each of the three hotels) for a couple of hours, followed by a meal at one of the countless eating-places along the beach or in the town-centre, then live entertainment outdoors at the Don Pablo hotel (not always my cup of tea, but was very popular every night), ending with live football in the Sports Bar or Dancing to a live duo in the Don Pedro - phew!
The staff were always pleasant, helpful and courteous, although often very busy.
A tip : to get to the town centre, from the main Don Pedro entrance (next to reception) head away from the beach, then you can stroll up a hill (at the top of the Avenida del Lido, where the Picasso statue is), which takes you to the top of the Calle San Miguel, without the steep climb and with NO steps to climb.
I had two minor niggles; one, that the air-conditioning in the rooms is now automatic, and was a bit too warm for me sometimes and, two, that the coffee in the restaurant for breakfast was tasteless.
Chatting to other guests, mostly Spanish and British/Irish, nearly all of them had stayed at the same place many times!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Pedro, has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), together with the Sol Don Pablo and Sol Don Marco forms part of the Don Hotels Complex. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, the new rooms (refurbish in 2016) are decorated in a modern and functional style with views over the mountain, gardens and swimming pool. Floating wood floors have been installed in all of them, they have new wardrobes, beds and bedclothes, curtains, mattresses, a giant 43-inch flat screen TV with satellite channels and air conditioning and heating systems. New windows have been installed with insulating glass to keep out noise. All of the rooms have free Wi-Fi, a Safe (*) and a minibar (On request) (*), desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years old). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Sol Don Pedro by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pedro Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pedro By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain