I have just returned from an 11 night break at the Sol Don Pedro it is our 3rd stay at this hotel in 16 months.
I love the feel of this hotel it has such a relaxed atmosphere we usually stay here for a short break as we have a villa for the summer but as our children have now grown up we thought we would try our summer break at this hotel. I was a little worried the restaurant would be chaotic during the summer I don't know why i was concerned, yes it was busier than the winter but it was fine the food was of its usual standard which is excellent the waiters although extremely busy were pleasant and helpful as usual.
This hotel is spotless the cleaners do an excellent job we should have had a double bed but as none were available they put double sheets on our beds and did offer to move us the next day if we wanted but as our room was in a lovely spot we decided to stay put.
The pool areas can get very busy with sun beds hard to find as people seem to put towels on them at 7am. Thats not for me, so a 2 minute walk to the beach was a good option
The only problem we really had is that when the evening show is on there were not enough chairs we stood 3 nights in a row so sat on the balcony after that as we could hear from there. Also the water polo seemed to be on every time i managed to get by the pool which turned a quiet afternoon very noisy but these were just little blips really and didn't spoil my holiday at all.
The walks along the front are beautiful and if you catch the train to Benalmadena you can walk all the way back along the coast & stop along the way at the many bars but be sure to wear comfy shoes.This hotel is in a brilliant location and i am just looking at re-booking for November as we love it here so much we will be back very soon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol Don Pedro has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), together with the Sol Don Pablo and Sol Don Marco forms part of the Don Hotels Complex. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, the new rooms (refurbish in 2016) are decorated in a modern and functional style with views over the mountain, gardens and swimming pool. Floating wood floors have been installed in all of them, they have new wardrobes, beds and bedclothes, curtains, mattresses, a giant 43-inch flat screen TV with satellite channels and air conditioning and heating systems. New windows have been installed with insulating glass to keep out noise. All of the rooms have free Wi-Fi, a Safe (*) and a minibar (On request) (*), desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years old). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Sol Don Pedro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pedro Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pedro Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain