I arrive for a short stay at the hotel with my mother for just two night, I had not stayed in this group of three hotels before but a friend had been there three times and seemed to enjoy the stays him and his wife had there. My mother specially liked the appearance of the hotel as it has some Spanish features, eg, wooden ceiling beams etc. When we booked in, the company we had made the booking through had not passed on my request for a walk in shower for my mother who has trouble climbing into to a bath. The receptionist immediately allocated us a room suitable for someone with difficulties walking, ie, walk in shower cubicle, support handles etc, this suited us very well. We found the food in the hotel to be very good, varied choices, the food was also cooked fresh and was not left standing for hours. The first night there was an excellent choice of different meats including my favourite, lamb. The breakfast was not quite as good, very greasy bacon and sausages swimming around is some kind of odd cloudy liquid. We found that our fellow guests in the hotel were all older people, there were very few children at the hotel. We enjoyed our stay and the location was very central.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Pedro, has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), together with the Sol Don Pablo and Sol Don Marco forms part of the Don Hotels Complex. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, the new rooms (refurbish in 2016) are decorated in a modern and functional style with views over the mountain, gardens and swimming pool. Floating wood floors have been installed in all of them, they have new wardrobes, beds and bedclothes, curtains, mattresses, a giant 43-inch flat screen TV with satellite channels and air conditioning and heating systems. New windows have been installed with insulating glass to keep out noise. All of the rooms have free Wi-Fi, a Safe (*) and a minibar (On request) (*), desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years old). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sol Don Pedro by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pedro Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pedro By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain