1,269 results
All reviewsdon hotelssuperior roompool viewhalf boardbreakfast and dinneracross the roadlovely hotelreception staffplenty of choicedining roomnight breakgreat holidayshort breakfamily roombuilding worksomething for everyonebeach front
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The hotel was lovely our first visit to this area and this hotel and in the whole we were not disappointed. Picky bits - paid nearly 100 euros on arrival for a full sea view room and the internet for the room but we knew that before we booked so fair duos although in a four star this day and age you would expect a free internet services. Finding a fruit juice machine working at breakfast can be hit and miss, finding a clean tea pot also can be tricky and finding a milk jug almost impossible !!!. thats russian roulette breakfast for you but everything nice and plenty of choice. They just cant get decent bacon with little fat on it but thats been ongoing in spanish hotels for years !! Evening meal was lovely with loads and loads of choice for everyone. Weather was the worst I have seen for many years in the terms of glorious sunny days as it was cloudy most of the week but pleasant enough to mooch about and decent walking weather. Due to the weather cannot say how good/bad the pools were dare not be brave enough to go in them !!! One small security point was one morning we went looking for the indoor pool and found it by the bottom 2 outdoor pools but the door was open and nobody inside at all, perfectly fine for adults but would not have wanted little ones to be wandering about in there just in case. Location was super, turn right and stroll for market, centre (there is a lift if you look hard enough) and a longer stroll Benalmadena marina about a hours stroll. Beach across the road and a nice stroll if you turn left as well but not as much to see and look round. Hotel was spotlessly clean, rooms cleaned every day and overall very good throughout, internet was reliable. Small point the taxis outside the hotel I asked them how much about an hour before I was setting off they said 18 euros, when I was ready to go it was a different driver and I never checked he stung us for 22 euros so my fault for not clarifiying. Would recommend the hotel and would certainly stop again.

Brian

Room Tip: its another 64 euros but a front sea view room was awesome, you could even see the sea sat up in bed !!!!!
2  Thank dajolo
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Pedro by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear dajolo,
Many thanks for choosing the Sol Don Pablo and for taking the time to write up about us on TA. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay so much both in the hotel and the area. The weather was a great shame and I know that it really effects a holiday. I suppose one advantage that we have is that there is always something to do here, or somewhere to mooch, if the sun isn't out.
I have taken note of your comments and will take action where we can. I appreciate your frankness.
I sincerely hope that we have the chance to welcome you again in thye future.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife & i have just returned from this superb hotel after being there for 9 fabulous days!!
unfortunately the weather was not too kind to us, with only about 3-4 sunny days, but this did not stop us having a fantastic holiday at this great hotel complex.
From the moment we arrived at the reception till the time we checked ot, every thing was perfect!!
Some people who moan at the food, what do they expect? This is not the Ritz, & it does not pretend to be, just a nice hotel giving excellent value for money. The entertainment in the Don Pablo was as good as any West End show, with particular mention to Ricky Lavazza, the singer who is good as any artiste in the charts!!
Please don't be put off by any negative reviews for this hotel, just go there & enjoy!!!!

Room Tip: Any room is very good!! we stayed in room no.186, on the 1st floor!!
1  Thank jantony30
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Pedro by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear jantony30,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your holiday so much and have taken the time to write a report on Trip Advisor. Thank you so much. I am also glad that you agree that what we offer is excellent value for money. If only the weather had been better you could have enjoyed all of our nine pools and beautiful gardens. I am sure you will have better luck next time.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was about our 12th vist to this hotel. Put quite simply everything was BRILLIANT. Food good. Reception good. Entertainment in the Pablo good. Rooms good. Staff good. Entertainment staff good. Beach over the road.

Room Tip: We smoke if you do ask for 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Let us hope for many more brilliant visits. We will keep doing our best.
Best regards,

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed as a single traveller at The Pedro from 12/19th May. No complaints at all, my room was excellent, no balcony but with a window in both the bedroom and bathroom. Restaurant and food very good. I had two friends staying at the Pablo, but we all preferred dining in The Pedro, very Spainish feel. Thank you staff for making my stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sylvia W

I see that you stayed in one of the single rooms which have the advantage of having no single supplement to pay but, as you mention, don't have balconies like all the other rooms. I am so glad that you enjoyed yourself. Please come back again soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 6 days in May 2013, as a single guess.
Last year I stayed at the sister hotel the pablo which was very good but my only gripe was the Dining room with no outside terrace to eat.
This was'nt a problem this year as the Pedro has a outside Dining area which you can use for breakfast or your evening meal, and the inside Dining room is nicer than the Pablo's.
Coming for England it's a real treat eating outside.
The Pedro is more low key then the Pablo and suited more to adults, although there were children present.
The staff are very friendly, the food very good, hotel was very clean and location brilliant.
I was allocated a room overlooking the road which was a little noisy but as a single traveller it gave me chance to watch the world go bye from my balcony and with the door shut it was ok.
I used the other sister hotel's pool, the Marco, as I though it had the best pool, plenty of greeny and wild birds and shall probally stay there on my next visit.
Overall a lovely hotel, for the price i believe you'd struggle to find a better hotel complex on the costa del sol.
Ps. went to watch Malga Fc play Seville, It was brilliant and a fantastic experience, I'd recommend it if you like footy.

Room Tip: As usual the rooms overlooking the pool are the best
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your indepth review daveydeeks. It is really nice to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us again, and that you madfe use of the complex to find a pool that mopst suitaed your needs. The idea is that guests with kids will tend to use the pools with more activities and other kids around them leaving other pools for those guests who want a quiet time.
The Don Pablo has and outsoor area now - as of last summer - as does the Don Pedro dining room.
Please come back again. Thanks.