1,271 results
All reviewsdon hotelssuperior roompool viewhalf boardbreakfast and dinneracross the roadlovely hotelreception staffplenty of choicedining roomnight breakgreat holidayshort breakfamily roombuilding worksomething for everyonebeach front
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was about our 12th vist to this hotel. Put quite simply everything was BRILLIANT. Food good. Reception good. Entertainment in the Pablo good. Rooms good. Staff good. Entertainment staff good. Beach over the road.

Room Tip: We smoke if you do ask for 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Pedro by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Let us hope for many more brilliant visits. We will keep doing our best.
Best regards,

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed as a single traveller at The Pedro from 12/19th May. No complaints at all, my room was excellent, no balcony but with a window in both the bedroom and bathroom. Restaurant and food very good. I had two friends staying at the Pablo, but we all preferred dining in The Pedro, very Spainish feel. Thank you staff for making my stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sylvia W

I see that you stayed in one of the single rooms which have the advantage of having no single supplement to pay but, as you mention, don't have balconies like all the other rooms. I am so glad that you enjoyed yourself. Please come back again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 6 days in May 2013, as a single guess.
Last year I stayed at the sister hotel the pablo which was very good but my only gripe was the Dining room with no outside terrace to eat.
This was'nt a problem this year as the Pedro has a outside Dining area which you can use for breakfast or your evening meal, and the inside Dining room is nicer than the Pablo's.
Coming for England it's a real treat eating outside.
The Pedro is more low key then the Pablo and suited more to adults, although there were children present.
The staff are very friendly, the food very good, hotel was very clean and location brilliant.
I was allocated a room overlooking the road which was a little noisy but as a single traveller it gave me chance to watch the world go bye from my balcony and with the door shut it was ok.
I used the other sister hotel's pool, the Marco, as I though it had the best pool, plenty of greeny and wild birds and shall probally stay there on my next visit.
Overall a lovely hotel, for the price i believe you'd struggle to find a better hotel complex on the costa del sol.
Ps. went to watch Malga Fc play Seville, It was brilliant and a fantastic experience, I'd recommend it if you like footy.

Room Tip: As usual the rooms overlooking the pool are the best
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your indepth review daveydeeks. It is really nice to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us again, and that you madfe use of the complex to find a pool that mopst suitaed your needs. The idea is that guests with kids will tend to use the pools with more activities and other kids around them leaving other pools for those guests who want a quiet time.
The Don Pablo has and outsoor area now - as of last summer - as does the Don Pedro dining room.
Please come back again. Thanks.
Kind regards,

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Arrived 25th April 2013 .Check in smooth and very efficient ,reception staff very friendly and helpful.Our room on 3rd floor was fine and plenty of space for clothing,a quick change and down to the pool plenty of beds to relax on . Time to try happy hour at the bar in a well furnished lounge to relax and try the local beer ( not a bad brew by the way).the activities where fine and I enjoyed a game of bowls ,and able to meet like people and soon made friends Overall a superb stay in a great hotel ,close to a beach,nice walks along the front .A great location and close to Malaga airport.we will be back!!!!

Room Tip: Recommend 3rd or 4th floor sea view across pool .note found no probs, with lifts
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BRIAN B
AntonioStalenhoef, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sol Don Pedro by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear "BRIAN B",

We thank you for taking the time to write a feedback about Sol Don Pedro making your opinions about us known. As you say, a great part of a good holiday is the chance to meet other people and make new friends and better with a lawn bowls game¡¡¡ We hope to see you back in Torremolinos as soon as possible.

Greetins,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We love this place and would go back every year, everything about the hotel we love. The staff are lovely, the rooms are fine and clean for the price. The activities are great fun and we always make friends. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2012
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Pedro by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

We can't wait to welcome you back shanegarneruk!
It is great to hear that you enjoy the hotel so much and we will try and keep doing what we are doing to keep it fun. We have just launched a Mama Mia show which is getting rave reviews so there is something new to look forward to. Otherwise the entertainment team is made up of all the same faces.
Thanks for your review.