Stayed at the Sol Don Pedro for 3 weeks in Feb/Mar 2013. Overall the hotel was very good value for money and I can recommend it. Good location, close to beach and level promenade. Everywhere was kept very clean and staff were friendly.
Room was ok but on the shady side of the hotel overlooking the car park so soon paid for an upgrade for a sun/pool/sea view. Room had twin beds, LCD TV, hairdryer and stay was on half-board basis. One slight complaint is that the walls are thin and all floors are tiled so lot of noise from guests in adjoining rooms and upstairs as well as guests walking along the hotel corridors at all hours. Disappointed that the in-room safe was charged at €2 Euros a day so in all cost €42 which I felt was excessive. Bought a travel kettle with me, which turned out to be a wise move.
As mentioned in other reviews there are three Sol Don hotels interlinked, which enable guests to share facilities. The dining facilities were in the Sol Don Pedro and sometimes became crowded during peak times as it accommodated guests from the three hotels, which makes sense in the off season. Not a great variety on the menu and appeared limited for vegetarians.
Various activities available. Bowls and shooting seemed popular games with guests and an indoor swimming pool and outdoor Jacuzzi were available. There was a health spa at the Don Marco but at prices starting from €30 didn’t investigate further. Live entertainment, usually a duo, was provided every night at two of the hotels (Pablo and Pedro) and aimed at the largely elderly guests.
Live UK and Spanish football games were regularly available in the main lounge. Some UK channels were available in room (BBC1, Channel 4, Sky News plus one other). Free wi-fi available in the lounge areas and faster access was available for €6 for 24 hours.
One other point, the weather was not exactly warm or sunny and the hotel made an effort to warm the lounge with a wood burning open fire. The room was between reception and dining area so was difficult to avoid. Not sure of the wisdom of this as I, being asthmatic, had to visit the local hospital for oxygen and medical treatment for breathing difficulties. One imagines that other older guests could also be susceptible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol Don Pedro has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), together with the Sol Don Pablo and Sol Don Marco forms part of the Don Hotels Complex. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, the new rooms (refurbish in 2016) are decorated in a modern and functional style with views over the mountain, gardens and swimming pool. Floating wood floors have been installed in all of them, they have new wardrobes, beds and bedclothes, curtains, mattresses, a giant 43-inch flat screen TV with satellite channels and air conditioning and heating systems. New windows have been installed with insulating glass to keep out noise. All of the rooms have free Wi-Fi, a Safe (*) and a minibar (On request) (*), desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years old). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Sol Don Pedro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pedro Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pedro Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain