Stayed here 11th to 15th February 2013, my double room on the second floor was used for single occupancy. Arrived around 10 am and pleasantly surprised at the easy check in and that my room was ready.
The room was accessed by one of several lifts and while not huge was plenty big enough with a flat screen TV, plenty of wardrobe space with complementary use of a safe, the instructions were for using a metal key which I guess was the old room door key but pressing a few buttons with a little trial and error worked fine, the door keys are now the usual plastic cards. One item missing was a luggage rack for my suitcase,
Bathroom was great, containing a proper full size bath, not one of the usual small ones where you sit with your knees under your chin, a good selection of cosmetic items were available and nicely presented, including a comb, also, plenty of clean towels. Housekeeping was carried out every day, a pleasant lady not only made my bed, changed the towels and emptied the trash, she also brushed and mopped the tile floors thus ensuring that the room was very clean.
My stay was on a bed and breakfast basis and breakfast was really good, the selection included meats, cheese, fresh fruits, fresh breads, butter, jams and marmalade, croissants, juice, various teas and coffee and availabilty for a full cooked breakfast including toast, various eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, tomatoes etc, a really good choice which was self service.
Entertainment was available most nights in Don Pedro or one of the connecting hotels, also happy hour for extra drinks after 5pm.
Very close to the beach, swimming pools set in most pleasant gardens and very close by are bars, restaurants and shops together with a conveniently placed ATM, free car parking was also available, the location was excellent.
Good value and a pleasant stay, my only criticism being that if people in the room above are early risers, you can hear them walking about and moving furniture, the remedy, ask for a room on the top floor!
The clientele consisted of mostly older people, all in all, a pleasant stay, good value and I would definately stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Pedro, has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), together with the Sol Don Pablo and Sol Don Marco forms part of the Don Hotels Complex. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, the new rooms (refurbish in 2016) are decorated in a modern and functional style with views over the mountain, gardens and swimming pool. Floating wood floors have been installed in all of them, they have new wardrobes, beds and bedclothes, curtains, mattresses, a giant 43-inch flat screen TV with satellite channels and air conditioning and heating systems. New windows have been installed with insulating glass to keep out noise. All of the rooms have free Wi-Fi, a Safe (*) and a minibar (On request) (*), desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years old). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Sol Don Pedro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pedro Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pedro Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain