We booked this hotel for our wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. The room was as you'd expect for a 4 star. One critisism is that there is no control of the air con (that we could find), it just comes on when the temp reaches a certain point. This can be quite annoying at night!.
Even though we didn't have a pool view from the balcony, the view was of the front of the hotel which was fountains and greenery- very nice!
This hotel is part of 3 which are all situated together. This meant we could use the facilites of the other 2 hotels. On exploring, we found an outside jacuzzi which was very relaxing. It does say in summer that guests are permitted 10 mins, but in winter as there was no one else there we made full use of it. An indoor swimming pool is situated directly below the jacuzzi, this again was very quiet and we were able to enjoy peacefully.
The location of the hotel is perfect. The hotel is directly on the beach, when lounging on the sun terrace there is a lovely view of the beach. There are also many places to eat, drink and a scattering of shops in the direct area left of the hotel. To the right, this takes you along the beach to the main area of shops and also to the marina. Its about a 20 minute stroll.
For breakfast, there is the usual variety and you have a choice of 2 restuarants both offering the same.
In the bar, there is an open fire which was lit a couple of times during our stay. This is lovely, HOWEVER as there is no where for the smoke to go it disperses all round the hotel! We did therefore smell like we had been to a bonfire!
If we were to visit torremolinos again, we would probably stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Pedro, has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), together with the Sol Don Pablo and Sol Don Marco forms part of the Don Hotels Complex. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, the new rooms (refurbish in 2016) are decorated in a modern and functional style with views over the mountain, gardens and swimming pool. Floating wood floors have been installed in all of them, they have new wardrobes, beds and bedclothes, curtains, mattresses, a giant 43-inch flat screen TV with satellite channels and air conditioning and heating systems. New windows have been installed with insulating glass to keep out noise. All of the rooms have free Wi-Fi, a Safe (*) and a minibar (On request) (*), desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years old). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Sol Don Pedro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pedro Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pedro Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain