I won this trip to the Cervantes and was hesitant after reading some other reviews. But I had no choice--this was the hotel I got. However, my husband and I did not experience rude service at the front desk as others had reported. Perhaps they are more aware of this now and are trying harder. In particular Javier at the front desk was very courteous and helpful. One evening we requested a second key and he immediately called "tech" to get it made. And also sent someone to check out the A/C in our room as it seemed to be running warm on the 3rd day. That got fixed while we were at dinner. Our biggest complaint were the beds and pillows. Beds were very hard and pillows thin and soft. I did request extra pillows and got them right away. Needed them to pad the bed too. We received half board free so took advantage of it. Breakfast was OK. Dinner was monotonous and not too tasty. Some of the soups were OK. Hated the iceberg lettuce which was the base for the salad table. We should have eaten somewhere else a couple of nights and paid. Food is not that expensive there. But we were only there for 5 nights, so we "roughed" it. Entertainment Friday and Sat. nights with live music--mostly salsa, etc. Ideal for Latins. Pool outside was nice and covered rooftop one. It was off-season while we were there, so we had no problems getting a chair. Don't know how it would be on-season. There is no fitness center as advertised on their website. There is a game room with a pool table and games. Not free. Went to the beach two days. You must cross the street, take an elevator down (1/2 Euro each way--worth it!), walk down a short street and then cross the street to beach. Chairs are free but rock hard so to rent a pad for chair costs 4 - 4.50 euros. But worth it. Met some nice people who own a small restaurant called the Mouse Trap, a short walk from hotel to the left. So if you are English or American, try it out. The owners are from Great Britain and Ireland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym, sauna and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub in high season, Laundry service, Room service, Garage, Free wifi in the lobby. Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain