The Cervantes is a spacious smart hotel in Torremolinos centre. The rooms are large, well maintained and comfortable. I can't complain at all about services or cleanliness. The outside areas and pool are also immaculate, and hotel reception staff friendly and helpful. The bar staff, not so much, being polite but aloof, but did their jobs well
The food was very much the same at all sittings...and not at all appetising, with a few exceptions we didn't really enjoy our meals. The snacks however were lovely and on all day. A pianist on Friday and Saturday evenings and a short show midweek is all the entertainment we are aware of. Good position for all amenities and attractions..and a gym and heated indoor pool on the roof.
A lot of hen and stag parties seem to like the place, so if you want a quiet break, it would depend on how many groups are there at the time whether or not you get one.
The only thing that drove me mad was the regimentation. Not being allowed out onto the pool and sun terrace until 9 am. Red and white no entry tape all over the place stopping you using doors and toilets etc. Lights off in the bar at midnight on the dot with no warning, and seemingly unnecessary queueing for meals.
We wouldn't go back to this hotel...but I can't really say why, and I have tried to be fair in my summing up. Just not for us...but the nice people we met did make our holiday a good one anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym, sauna and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub in high season, Laundry service, Room service, Garage, Free wifi in the lobby. Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain