Had mixed feeling about this place before visiting due to previous comments been bad but hotel was extremely central and very good value for money! The negatives for me were not enough staff on at the pool bar the first couple of days were ok as the school holidays had just begun and was just starting to get busy but by the end of the week it was heeving round the pool during the day ! Lots of Spanish at this hotel which was ok with us !we were all inc and there's No ice creams or Lollys at pool bar on all inc which we have had at previous hotels which were also all inc so
Slightly disappointing for the kids , we travelled as a group of 10 with a few kids between families , sunbeds were hard to get but we always managed 4 at a time , not a bad idea had by the life guard who came round and left a warning note on your bed if he had noticed you had missing an hour and left a time note on your bed if u out stayed the time he removed your towels , this was stressful for some but great for the ones who really wanted beds ! I'm a vodka drinker and the vodka was not nice I ended up buying in a bottle to have a tipple with all inc soft drinks , it was all cheap spirits and the cocktails were a no no , the English in the hotel spent the week finding something they could drink this was quite funny !! We never had a hangover put it that way ! On the plus side the food was frag and a good variety on the whole , it does get a little tedious after a few days but we stuck it out we did eat out a few times also and the Spanish garden on the outskirts 6 euro taxi from the hotel was fantastic bistro style food but larger portions very very nice ! The all inc drink finished at 11 , the kids club called bee club was fan it had a bouncy castle , a DVD room colouring in things , footballs comfy pillows to lie in cinema style room the kids loved it and if u got a table above the stairs from it the lady was quite happy for you to let the kids play in there alone as long as she knew you were at top of stairs ! The rooms were immaculate and as a frequent traveller certainly not the worst I've stayed in , the lifts need looking it you could never Be in a rush !
Over all had a fab holiday , make sure you take a stroll along the beach front take the lift down for 1 euro return or scenic route down quaint stairs shopped either side but a steep return ! There are fab restaurants And bars , for the young or those who appreciate the finer things in life the playa Miguel beach bar is a hive of activity during the day with day beds on the beach and waiter service and fab food and cocktails on a nite ( Ibiza style ) would defiantly visit the area again !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym, sauna and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub in high season, Laundry service, Room service, Garage, Free wifi in the lobby. Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain