A very pleasant hotel - All inclusive mainly although we had B & B. Nice rooms, nothing special, nice bathrooms, again nothing special. All the facilities seemed ok but WiFi rates are a rip off. 9€ a day works out at approx 63$ a week although you can get a discount the longer you have it. My internet at home is about 1/3 of that price for a month and with so many free wifi cafes around how can they dare charge that amount? Good choice of breakfast food and its nice to have the eggs cooked to order rather than left to go solid in a heated tray.
Its only 11 minutes by train from Malaga airport and around 300 yds walk from Torremolinos station so its very well located . The hotel is in the centre of town and very close to the beach. There's a stepped pathway down to the beach with shops and restuarants but be aware that its a pig of a climb back up and its notorious at night for muggings so DONT use the path at night. There is a lift for 50cents which is well worth it but it only seems to run till 9pm.
Torremolinos town looks very down on its luck. There were LOTS of empty shops with for sale or lease signs. The main pedestrian street is full of shops but again we saw many closed and not just because it was early season. When I say closed, I mean gutted and shut down!
It seemed very dull compared to Benidorm which is always lively and full of people. I wouldn't go again and I'm glad we only went for 3 nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym, sauna and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub in high season, Laundry service, Room service, Garage, Free wifi in the lobby. Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain