The good points to this hotel are the convenient location, the nice public areas and the evening meals. The down-side was the room. The two things I did like about the room were the balcony, which was huge and afforded splendid views, and the bathroom had a fantastic massaging power shower, which was a real luxury. apart from that my room was a disappointment. It smelled of tobacco, hadn't seen a duster in months, was dated, small, tatty, the bed was hard and uncomfortable. The breakfast in this hotel was disappointing, but the evening meals were very good, with a nice range of predominantly Spanish dishes on offer. I felt 2 Euros for a glass of wine with my meal was reasonable. Purely due to the low standard of the room I would not return to this hotel, which is a shame because it could be an excellent hotel. The staff offered a typically Spanish style of service to guests. The clientele were mainly British, Dutch and German. There was a small number of lower quality guests at the hotel, but not enough to ruin my stay. If you're not planning to spend much time in the room then I do recommend this hotel, but if, like me, you enjoy a nice clean, spacious, comfortable hotel room, then give a wide berth to this hotel. Hope this review helps. Nearly forgot to mention the lifts, which can be a little scary as they shudder and jar somewhat disconcertingly as they go up and down the lift shaft, they are not for the faint hearted. They are also very slow. and one more tip too, if you want to use the heated pool you need flip flops and a swimming cap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym, sauna and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub in high season, Laundry service, Room service, Garage, Free wifi in the lobby. Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain