Stayed at the hotel Cervantes as a couple at the end of October.
Hotel is nice enough, and if you can get it at a decent price for bed and breakfast then it is ideal. The rooms were nice enough, the reception area was impressive and staff were all pretty helpful when we needed them.
The hotel is ideally located, the train station is just out the back of the hotel (underground.... no noise), and the sea views are great.
We went all inclusive, and felt it was a bit of a let down on that front. The food was nice, but there wasn't a huge choice, and (for some unknown reason) on a saturday morning there seems to be a lengthy queue for breakfast. Outside of meal times there isn't really anything to eat, which means if you fancy a snack you need to pay. They did have croissants, bread and cheese etc sitting out in the bar, but none of it was covered and didn't look particularly appetising.
The drinks at the bar stop at 11pm, which is quite early, and the all inclusive selection is quite limited (includes peach schnapps..... but an alcohol free version?) There also only appears to be entertainment on a fri and sat night during off season, and even that wasn't great.
The pool area is quite small, and while it was fine for us, I don't know what it would be like in high season.
In summary as a base for a nice break in the area, it is great if you get a good deal, but I would go bed and breakfast as there are so many places that look lovely to eat and drink nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym, sauna and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub in high season, Laundry service, Room service, Garage, Free wifi in the lobby. Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain