5 of us went to the Gran Hotel Cervantes for 1 week 13 October 2012.On arrival I was impressed with the modern decor and reception service but things went downhill from there.The hotel was very busy that first night but late discovered that was the second of the 2 nights entertainment when the locals come from far and wide for their dancing.Arriving late we were just in time for dinner but not impressed by what was served up.I gave them the benefit of the doubt because of the time we arrived but next morning for breakfast and thereafter there was no improvement.Basically food was always running out , what was there was not warm in particular the soup.Personally I feel soup should alaways be piping hot.Talking to other people there has been a dip in service and quality since they introduced all inclusive , which we were.
Finally the roof top pool , this was to be adult only , but there were always children there.And being no supervision this is an accident waiting to happen.Here there is no bar and is a bit of a trek from the 9th floor to get a drink or food.My wife slipped on the stairs second day there and after reporting the incident management never followed up to see if she was ok.In short none of us will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym, sauna and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub in high season, Laundry service, Room service, Garage, Free wifi in the lobby. Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain