“Honest Review” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Honest Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel a number of times..When you land at Malaga Airport,the train station is in the airport a very short walk..Its only 4 stops(about 15 min) to hotel and under 4Euros, when you get off at Torremolinoes Station the hotel is about 3 min walk.If you are not staying at this hotel a good tip take the train then catch a taxi to your hotel.Taxi fare to this station from Apt is 20Euro.The hotel reception area is very clean and stylish.The A/Con in bedrooms is free as is a small fridge.The TV in bedroom only has BBC in English but do you come to Spain to watch TV.They renew soap shampoo each day also hair drier in bathroom.We have found food in hotel very good with lots of choice.Another good tip hotel provides beach towels you pay a 10 Euro deposit each towel, you get this back at end of holThere are 2 pools in hotel one ground leval one on 9th floor with fantasic views of resort also a small gym & sauna.If you want wifi the hotel has it at a cost, the square outside hotel most bars offer free wifi if you buy drink.I found Burger King best.If you want to watch sport there is an Irish bar next door to hotel show all Sky Sports, as do most of the bars.The walk to beach is about 10min down hill there is a lift at a small cost,beds on beach 9euros for 2 beds and umbrella.Take the bus to the Marina and walk back along the lovely prom.

Room Tip: Ask for a run with sea view.
5 Thank mtob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (784)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Worthing, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

ok
1. the meals are a bit samey - but the holiday cost is really good value - you can't have it all ways
2. the so called 'orange' juice is pure horrid liquid chemical (they really should change this) but the solution is to ask for real sqeezed fresh orange juice which is terrific at 4 euros supplement
3. the snacks are limited - but so is the overall price
4. the cost of the WiFi at 9 euros a day is daylight robbery ( correct cost is about 25 euros a week or free on AI at a proper 4 star hotel ) - solution is to use your Vodafone Smart phone on Eurotravellor opt-in & tether your laptop ie cost of £21 per week
so if you want more go to one of the other hotels which will charge you £200 more for a weeks holiday

• Stayed October 2012
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

18th - 21st October, 2 people, 20+22

On arrival (at 10am) our room was not ready as expected but was done by 12 so we could check in. Meanwhile we were given our all inclusive wrist bands so we could have the late continental snacks and grab a drink. Continental was cheese, ham, salami, bread and biscuits also yoghurt.

In that 2 hours we also explored the pool area which was big, the pool was quite deep too, there was a games room, a huge lobby reception area and the bar was spacious with a very friendly barman. All staff were very pleasant. We also took a walk to the town behind, there was so much to do for any ages. Bars/restaraunts/markets/supermarkets/train station/ souvenier shops/ high street shops (pull and bear, bershka, lefties, (lots of shops like H&M)). We found the supermarket 2 streets behind the hotel to be the cheapest for water etc. Cannot emphasise how good the location of this hotel is compared to many I have been to before.

12pm we were allocated our room, on the 8th floor, got the lift up no problem and even had a free safety deposit box. Room was very big with a huge double bed. The bed sheets were 80's but who cares?? It doesn't matter what bed sheets you have! Could have done with another pillow but no big deal, just roll up a jumper! The room smelt fresh too which is good. The bathroom was big enough too and not one bit of mould/damp to be seen. The shower curtain was fresh, tiles and corners completely clean. Im a little hesitant of the bathrooms normally but this was absolutely fine throughout. Powerful shower too!

Onto food. B= 7:00 -10: 00 , L= 13:00 - 15:00, D 19:00 - 20:00
I should point out I'm a very fussy eater and I managed to find a meal each night without having fries and bread each night. Could I just point out for the people saying it was cold... if you walk around from counter to counter of course your food is going to get cold. Get a couple of things at a time and your food is still warm. Well thats what we worked out!
Paella, pasta, fries, pizza and bread each night with lots of other dishes and desserts. there was really something for everyone.

Entertainment was lacking but it is out of season.

Overall I thought this hotel was exactly what you pay for, and it doesn't try to be anything more than what it says. the location is fantastic!! I really think that a lot of the bad reviews are very picky and you shouldn't listen to them! No one on the holiday had anything bad to say either. I would really recommend this hotel, the weather was cloudy and we still had things to do!!!

1 Thank led92
west glamorgan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel in mid september 2012, from what the tour operator said, and from the info we read, we imagined this hotel to be pretty upmarket. However, upmarket is NOT the word I would have used to describe this hotel.
Even though it was clean, and the rooms spacious, the promise of "a superb all inclusive holiday", fell wide of the mark. The choice of food was limited, and at breakfast and lunch, we had to queue to use the restaurant. What we noticed as the week went on, was that the all inclusive guests were seperated from the half board guests, and we spent much of the time eating near the waste collection trolleys. Also, the choice of drinks were really poor. I understand that local beverages are used in AI Hotels, however the wine literally took the enamel off my teeth! What didnt help this, was the size of glasses that you were given when getting a glass of lager, lemonade etc. They were literally sherry glasses!.
Worst of all, was the fact that a) there were no real snacks outside meal times, except for a few dodgy looking sandwiches, and salad left from lunch/evening meal, and b) NO ICE CREAMS in the AI price! How can you go to Spain, without having at least 2 ice creams at day!! At least my husband and I were on our own, there were families there with young children, spending a fortune on lollies etc. Big Disappointment!
Finally, DONT go here after September. By the time we were leaving the pool bar was closed, work was being done on the rooftop pool, and the staff had an air of "so what...." about them. I havent been to Spain for a number of years, and I certainly will not be going again,for a long long time

Room Tip: Nothing, I tried every trick in the book, and still ended up with a dodgy view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank phillnjackie

Travelers are raving about these Torremolinos hotels

Niterói, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

this hotel is far away from being a 4 star one. the pool, outside area and lobby may seem very attractive, but the rooms just make you go back to 1990! wooden furniture, hard bed, plastic furniture at the balcony, mini bar completely empty, those old radios you can control from the bed, 21" tv from the 90s and tacky decoration. to have wifi in your room you pay € 22 for 3 days, the signal is slow and you need to log in everytime you turn your device on. if you are looking for staying outside the whole day, it might be a good option, but if you need to get some rest with comfort, definitely go somewhere else!

Room Tip: go somewhere else!
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CarolMont
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at the Cervantes for a 5 day break in Oct, B&B for a relaxing break. On reading some of the reviews I did think what have I let myself in for! I can honestly say my stay at this hotel was excellent. I found the staff friendly and helpful. Although I only had the breakfast, I found there was a great selection of food. The only negative was the fruit juice (all flavours) which I disliked, but lets face it that's not the end of the world!
Being a solo traveller I didn't want to go all inclusive and spend all my time at this hotel, so I rarely spent a lot of time there, although when I did I had no complaints towards staff, possibly other travellers whom some I did find rude!
The room I had was a good size with a good sized balcony and the whole hotel I found was very clean. My room was on the 5th floor overlooking the square, which I did think may be noisy, which is a possibility in high season, but again the time of year I travelled I had no problem with.
One quipe which I did have was when I returned late afternoon there were no sunbeds around the pool or on the roof terrace where the other pool is, and I could imagine this could be problem during high season. The pool area is not very big and neither is the pool.
The location of this hotel is excellent. There are plenty of shops, cafe's and bars within walking distance. The beach is approx 10 minutes walk and there is a lift which goes down to the beach. I found plenty of places to eat and which the prices were reasonable.
The train station is approx 5 mins walk from the hotel and a single ticket to the airport costs 1.65 euro and takes approx 15 mins.
I would go back to this hotel out of season as I wanted it quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank LondonAngel08
sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Got back from Cervantes on 4th October after a 3 night family reunion. We were aged between 33 and 74 (sorry Marion!) and we had a fab time. I have stayed in Torremolinos many many times but this hotel is a first - but certainly not the last. The location is just brill - the side door takes you straight onto the Calle san Miguel, and what I loved was that this door was secure in that you had to use your room access key to gain access into the hotel.

Have read lots of comments on the food. Well I'd say it's not the best but not the worst all inclusive I've had. There wasnt a great deal of choice, but the choices were all good, wholesome and well presented. The salads were lovely and the bread fresh daily. My sister and I (the party-ers of the group) found the late breakfast (11am to 1pm) particularly welcome after a nite oot on the toon!

Had no probs with sunbeds - there were seven of us and we got seven sunbeds every day, despite our late appearance at the pool each morning.

Rooms were large wih lovely views of the pool and sea. One member of our party had a single room which was smaller, but he still had a large bed and balcony.

Staff were good, what more can I say? We're going back in April.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family