“Location location location - plus lots more!”

Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea
Ranked #34 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Got back from Cervantes on 4th October after a 3 night family reunion. We were aged between 33 and 74 (sorry Marion!) and we had a fab time. I have stayed in Torremolinos many many times but this hotel is a first - but certainly not the last. The location is just brill - the side door takes you straight onto the Calle san Miguel, and what I loved was that this door was secure in that you had to use your room access key to gain access into the hotel.

Have read lots of comments on the food. Well I'd say it's not the best but not the worst all inclusive I've had. There wasnt a great deal of choice, but the choices were all good, wholesome and well presented. The salads were lovely and the bread fresh daily. My sister and I (the party-ers of the group) found the late breakfast (11am to 1pm) particularly welcome after a nite oot on the toon!

Had no probs with sunbeds - there were seven of us and we got seven sunbeds every day, despite our late appearance at the pool each morning.

Rooms were large wih lovely views of the pool and sea. One member of our party had a single room which was smaller, but he still had a large bed and balcony.

Staff were good, what more can I say? We're going back in April.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SussexDollydaydream
There are newer reviews for Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Average everything at best, apart from the lifts and the beds that is. Seriously, could those lifts have been any slower and hotter and could the beds be more uncomfortable? The room wasn't in good repair either with a runner at the door sticking out (and tripping us more than once on the way in) and the mini-bar wasn't stocked or working. You get the normal two single beds and no tea or coffee making facilities. Our booking had to be changed at the last minute - why we are still unsure! - so we might have ended up with the only "spare" they had. The pool area on the roof might be the only redeeming feature of this hotel. Thinking back and writing this, I would give this a 3 star rating at best.

Room Tip: You need a very good price or a very good location to make this worthwhile...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jacquesward
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We booked the trip through Low Cost Holidays / Last Minute.com and spent £1000 to go from Exeter to Malaga, 7 nights all inclusive and quick transfers and got back yesterday ! What a great time we had and all was such good value and nice weather helped too. The hotel was excellent and people need to get a life to complain. We stayed 8th floor and got seaview and a short trip to the roof top pool and gym with spectacular views to the Med. Hotel was excellent, food was fantastic, everything was spotless and staff were wonderful. The wine is in bottles, the ber is San Miguel and they do a mean Gin and Bitter Lemon !The beach is a lovely 10 minute walk down the hill through shops and bars.......get the lift back for 1 euro for 2 persons ! Beach was excellent and 9 euros for 2 sunbeds all day ! Train station 5 minutes from the hotel and Malaga is 20 minutes and Fuengirola the same......cost is 7 euros return for 2 persons and trains go every 15minutes ! Go for walks at night as hotel is in great location. So get a life out there and book now

Room Tip: Get the train from Malaga airport to Torremolinos and short walk to the hotel.......10 minutes in tr...
1  Thank Ken w
Reviewed October 19, 2012

stayed at the cervantes oct 7 for a week half board. how can people moan about this hotel. food was excellent plenty of choice, rooms were cleaned evey day , cleaner was polite as were the staff in the restaurant and reception i got the impression they talk to you if you talk to them first . we had a room on the 7th floor nice and quiet no noise from people walking about , dont know if theyre somehow sound proofed. aircon in room was fine .had no problem with the lifts, a bit slow at times nothing drastic. wouldnt like to go all inclusive, no entertainment except friday and saturday nights , all in all a good hotel and the weather was lovely

2  Thank richt_8
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I chose this hotel as a late deal through easy jet holidays. November 2011 just 5 nights for our wedding anniversary. 5 star very cheap. Just how we like it. Well, why pay more if you don't have too. Ok so I was expecting a lot less than we actually got. The hotel lobby was very nice, spacious with lots of very comfortable seating around a circle bar. Although this was not open, can't complain though it was out of season. This led through to a games area and then out to the outside pool. I thought the pool appeared very dark untill I realised it was very deep. To deep for children but read on. there is another pool and it was heated. Get to that in a moment. The other way from the loby led into a bar area a bit of an all inclusive line but nothing out of the ordinary there, glasses not plastic. One drink at a time seemed the norm but out of season they were more generous. You could have 2!! if you smiled at the waiter.
There were several lifts and we were on the top floor. Quite a long way up and scary if you had small children they could climb onto the easy to access roof from our room and it was not secured just a straight drop off. So glad we didn't take our grand children.
above us up a couple of flights of stairs was the very pleasant roof garden and pool with a small gym. this was fenced off but you would need to keep a firm hand on your children or spend your holiday with your heart in your mouth.
the view up there was fantastic.
Food.
I can honestly say no one could be dissapointed every meal had plenty for all tastes and was very well presented and served.
Entertainment.
I can't really comment as we never stayed in. The hotel is in the heart of the town plenty of shops, cafes, bars right on the doorstep. The roads were lined with orange trees which we were more than happy to grab as we strolled past.
The beach.
If you are beach people like us you will love this beach although it's quite a walk. However, if you walk out the hotel lobby, turn right and walk about 50 yards to the right heading toward the shops you will notice what looks like a wide ally way on the left go down here, it's well lit and safe. Here you will find a lift. It cost us one euro each I was more than happy to pay that after using the stairs, This takes you down to a shopping area and bars just across from the beach and lovely promenard. The sea was warm and the beach extremely clean shallow enough for children if supervised. turn to the right and follow the promenard, plenty of bars, reataurants along here and eventually leading to a large marina. Plenty of bars, shops and restaurant located here.
We walked there several times and had a wonderful holiday.
It's our second time to the resort very nice, easy to get to and well worth what we paid.
Out of 10 I would have no hesitation to give it 9.5.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Frank R
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this Hotel at the start of October 2012 for 4 nights. The room on the 5th floor had a good view of the pool and beach. Fresh towels and maid service everyday. Food was good - you got enough to do. Endless cups of coffee. The Hotel is situated in the middle of Torremolinos town. Handy to shops and there is a lift nearby to the beach. Will visit again. The sunbeds were in poor condition and the pool area wasn't in great shape. Besides that we enjoyed our stay

Room Tip: When booking ask for a sea or pool view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Rhonda54015
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I do not like to give negative feed back but I feel this hotel has been very overrated by previous members.
The location is good. The cleanliness is good but they are offering an all inclusive package which they do not want to do. No entertainment in the evenings except for two nights. The main sitting area has a bar which is only in use when entertainment is on. No atmosphere at all. Very dark and gloomy decor (brown and beige everywhere)
The food was not very appetising dishes always slightly warm which after a couple of days I really couldn't face going in the dining room. Long cues waiting to get in the dining room. We looked through the windows outside and could see tables available but the staff still made everyone cue. I did speak to the Manager but he told me that the tour operators had made them do All Inclusive and they had been only doing it for a year. I am not sure this was true but he couldn't see a problem. I felt my wristband made me feel I was wearing a suit with arrows on it!!!! Plenty of other good Sol hotels down the road so I won't be back.

6  Thank jugsDewsbury