“just back from the cervantes”

Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea
Ranked #27 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
n,wales
“just back from the cervantes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

stayed at the cervantes oct 7 for a week half board. how can people moan about this hotel. food was excellent plenty of choice, rooms were cleaned evey day , cleaner was polite as were the staff in the restaurant and reception i got the impression they talk to you if you talk to them first . we had a room on the 7th floor nice and quiet no noise from people walking about , dont know if theyre somehow sound proofed. aircon in room was fine .had no problem with the lifts, a bit slow at times nothing drastic. wouldnt like to go all inclusive, no entertainment except friday and saturday nights , all in all a good hotel and the weather was lovely

2 Thank richt_8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (790)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I chose this hotel as a late deal through easy jet holidays. November 2011 just 5 nights for our wedding anniversary. 5 star very cheap. Just how we like it. Well, why pay more if you don't have too. Ok so I was expecting a lot less than we actually got. The hotel lobby was very nice, spacious with lots of very comfortable seating around a circle bar. Although this was not open, can't complain though it was out of season. This led through to a games area and then out to the outside pool. I thought the pool appeared very dark untill I realised it was very deep. To deep for children but read on. there is another pool and it was heated. Get to that in a moment. The other way from the loby led into a bar area a bit of an all inclusive line but nothing out of the ordinary there, glasses not plastic. One drink at a time seemed the norm but out of season they were more generous. You could have 2!! if you smiled at the waiter.
There were several lifts and we were on the top floor. Quite a long way up and scary if you had small children they could climb onto the easy to access roof from our room and it was not secured just a straight drop off. So glad we didn't take our grand children.
above us up a couple of flights of stairs was the very pleasant roof garden and pool with a small gym. this was fenced off but you would need to keep a firm hand on your children or spend your holiday with your heart in your mouth.
the view up there was fantastic.
Food.
I can honestly say no one could be dissapointed every meal had plenty for all tastes and was very well presented and served.
Entertainment.
I can't really comment as we never stayed in. The hotel is in the heart of the town plenty of shops, cafes, bars right on the doorstep. The roads were lined with orange trees which we were more than happy to grab as we strolled past.
The beach.
If you are beach people like us you will love this beach although it's quite a walk. However, if you walk out the hotel lobby, turn right and walk about 50 yards to the right heading toward the shops you will notice what looks like a wide ally way on the left go down here, it's well lit and safe. Here you will find a lift. It cost us one euro each I was more than happy to pay that after using the stairs, This takes you down to a shopping area and bars just across from the beach and lovely promenard. The sea was warm and the beach extremely clean shallow enough for children if supervised. turn to the right and follow the promenard, plenty of bars, reataurants along here and eventually leading to a large marina. Plenty of bars, shops and restaurant located here.
We walked there several times and had a wonderful holiday.
It's our second time to the resort very nice, easy to get to and well worth what we paid.
Out of 10 I would have no hesitation to give it 9.5.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Frank R
Belfast, Northern Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this Hotel at the start of October 2012 for 4 nights. The room on the 5th floor had a good view of the pool and beach. Fresh towels and maid service everyday. Food was good - you got enough to do. Endless cups of coffee. The Hotel is situated in the middle of Torremolinos town. Handy to shops and there is a lift nearby to the beach. Will visit again. The sunbeds were in poor condition and the pool area wasn't in great shape. Besides that we enjoyed our stay

Room Tip: When booking ask for a sea or pool view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Rhonda54015
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Room clean and spacious, maid service daily. Food poor quality and always luke warm. Pool area unattractive with worn out grass. No entertainment only once which was old time dancing. No atmosphere or any background music. A/I snacks terrible. Dried bread and cheese, bit of fruit. Chips 2eu 90. Ques at bar, Malibu or Tia Maria local not available on A/I. Overall very disappointed expected better for 4 star. Staff ok and area but would not recommend.....sorry for negative feedback but just being honest.

3 Thank Jill P

Travelers are raving about these Torremolinos hotels

Dewsbury
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I do not like to give negative feed back but I feel this hotel has been very overrated by previous members.
The location is good. The cleanliness is good but they are offering an all inclusive package which they do not want to do. No entertainment in the evenings except for two nights. The main sitting area has a bar which is only in use when entertainment is on. No atmosphere at all. Very dark and gloomy decor (brown and beige everywhere)
The food was not very appetising dishes always slightly warm which after a couple of days I really couldn't face going in the dining room. Long cues waiting to get in the dining room. We looked through the windows outside and could see tables available but the staff still made everyone cue. I did speak to the Manager but he told me that the tour operators had made them do All Inclusive and they had been only doing it for a year. I am not sure this was true but he couldn't see a problem. I felt my wristband made me feel I was wearing a suit with arrows on it!!!! Plenty of other good Sol hotels down the road so I won't be back.

6 Thank jugsDewsbury
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Had a room on the 7th floor, overlooking the Plaza de Europa, the Starlings are very noisy from about 7pm to 8 pm and then again in the morning from about 7 am to 8 am as they come and go.

The other thing that disappointed me was the lack of electrical sockets in the room, 1 in bathroom, I suppose I could have unplugged either the TV or Empty Fridge !!

I travelled out/back midweek only to find that most of the organised trips are midweek - nothing at the weekends

Room Tip: Higher the better and try and get a south side if possible
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We are just back from staying in this hotel for nine days. Nice hotel staff quite good, hotel rooms cleaned everyday and towels changed everyday. Very central handy for train station . We were all inclusive food not bad although lot of food with garlic and sauces . I was pleased that some days they had prawns and mussels with no sauces on them and soup nice somedays but again they were sometimes loaded with cream. But on the whole I was able to get enough food to do me. All inclusive drinks not great was probably cheapest makes of spirits they could use and bar shut at 11pm and didn't open to 11am in morning. Snacks not great leftover salad and some bread most days. Entertainment only on Friday or Saturday and seemed to be geared mostly for older local Spanish people although I have no problem with this as i like traditional hols but hotel was packed and think they should cater for guests on all evenings as all inclusive and make it to suit all nationalities . All that said I thought it was decent hotel and I would go back there again.

1 Thank lilysteele