Just spent a week in the Cervantes, my second time to this hotel . This is a large, well located hotel for those wanting to be close to the shopping area ,bars and night life. The beach is a short walk across the street and 50 cents on the lift or 5/10 minutes walk down hill to the left from outside the hotel , or for the fit at the lower end of San Miguel street there are many steps to the lower levels.
The hotel has an impressive entrance and lobby/reception area.Most of the reception staff were helpful, but this is a very busy reception and the staff often seemed to be stressed out .The hotel caters for a mixed clientele. All nationalities seem to be represented, as did all age goups from package tours to short stay tour groups ,independent travellers and the business travel ler.
As others have stated the hotel is kept very clean, both public areas and bedrooms. The houskeeping staff worked very hard and were always pleasant with an ‘Hola’ or ‘Buenos Dias’ at every meeting .The rooms themselves are adequate with enough storage space ,a small chill fridge ,a couple of seats and very firm beds, like most Spanish hotels there are no tea and coffee making facilities so take your own ,you can also hire the in room safe deposit box. There is a good sized balcony to most rooms with the best views being high floor pool view rooms.The bathrooms are a little cramped and poorly designed but they were clean and fairly well maintained .It could be time to start thinking about bringing the bedrooms up to date as some of the furnishings are really showing the wear and tear of age and usage and the dark woods making the room seem dark and dreary.
There are four lifts available for guests and at peak times of breakfast and dinner you could be waiting for over 20 minutes on a lift so it may be better to give yourself extra time duriing these periods .there are two pool s, one indoor on the roof which can get extremely hot and has some shaded sunbeds outside on the perimiter of the roof along side a small gym area .the main pool is a good size with kids pool surrounded by a small grass garden area for guests to sun bathe,quite a small area considering the number of rooms in this hotel.
The restaurant on the basement level is also small for the number of guests who use the hotel , as the hotel now offers ‘all inclusive’, many more guests use this facility than on my previous stay .On several occasions at breakfast and at dinner there were queues of over 20 people waiting to be seated. The restaurant seemed to be very understaffed with the time it took for food to be replenished and for tables to be cleared , the staff that were working seemed to be under some pressure and not very happy .Also since my last visit the standard of food has gone down and it’s very hit and miss (unfortunately mostly miss)with little imagination used and the food being of poor quality and not cooked properly, The bar on the main level is unwelcoming and uncomfortable with no atmosphere ,there is a large lounge area with a circular bar in the reception area which is used twice a week for entertainmet (a guy playing an organ and some dancing).This area seems to be a bit of a wasted space considering the lack of room for dining.
This hotel has slipped in standards since my last visit and I would not recommend it for any board basis except room only maybe bed and breakfast. There are many good inexpensive restaurants in the surrounding area. It’s not a good family friendly hotel. Its very impersonal with little to no entertainment . All Inclusive doesnt work in this hotel. It’s not the right location and understaffed with nothing to entertain All Inclusive guests .The management of this hotel needs to decide what clientele they are aiming for as they are trying to please too many different groups and actually pleasing none . The main selling point for this hotel is its excellent location
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym, sauna and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub in high season, Laundry service, Room service, Garage, Free wifi in the lobby. Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain