we found this hotel on teletext and went all inclusive. after checking reviews we booked it and it was worth it.
TIP 1: we read it was better to get the train to Torremolinos instead of airport transfer and it was worth it, the trains are cheap, clean and fast.
the hotel was clean, our room was fab, the staff were friendly, the food was great. A lot of folks in these reviews comment on how crap the food was but honestly i don't see what the problem was. Although they keep it simple there is plenty of choice and it is presented and cooked well. It's a huge buffet, we didn't eat out once.
TIP 2: we got chatting to an older guy who had visited there a lot and he told us that you can order a picnic at reception before 9pm the day before you go and pick it up at reception the next morning. Was excellent, no frills but worthwhile. Basically a white carrier bag with a bottle of water, selection of fruit, bread rolls, cooked meat and a yoghurt. No extra charge for all inclusive.
The swimming pools were great. The entertainment at the weekend was not to our taste but would have been a laugh if you wanted to sit with a group of friends.
We started of thinking that the only drinks at the bar included in the price was beer, wine and soda but once we found out that their were certain spirits included as well we were happy. Although you are restricted to ordering 2 drinks at a time, each of us ordered 2 drinks that had healthy measures so there was never a problem.
This is great place and i'm definitely planning on going back. We went out of season so the place was quieter and we prefered this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym, sauna and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub in high season, Laundry service, Room service, Garage, Free wifi in the lobby. Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Splitty, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain