We arrived at the hotel late due to delays and checked into reception only 30 mins before the restaurant was due to close the reception staff were great gave us an arm bands sending us straight down for food before allocating our room.
On entering the restaurant it resembled an eating establishment at a university or college not a 4 star hotel choice was poor and the food cold but we put it down to the fact it was due to close.
After a few cold nibbles we went back to reception and was allocated our room the room was very clean and comfortable and remained spotless during the holiday thanks to the exeptional maid service.
Back to food I could go on and on about the meals as there was a problem at each sitting
Breakfast was cold not much choice one morning there was a 10 min wait for bacon fruit juice was powdered out of a machine beans were far and few between all juice and watery no proper sausage and no plum tomatoes.
many of the plates and cutlery were dirty as if they had been washed in dirty water and not rinsed most meal times i found myself as did several other guests searching for a clean plate.The upside of it was my wife and i actually lost weight on holiday that was a first.
One thing to remember they shut the restaurant bang on time so dont turn up 5 mins before closing as you wont get anything.
Oh i nearly forgot if you like soups these were actually nice but dont believe what it says on the label i had veg soup that was fish and potato that turned out to be asparagus
Well i could write a novel about this where do i start not enough staff the staff that were on spent time collecting glasses or just chatting to each other when customers are queuing yes queuing the bar was like a working mans club on a saturday night often it took 10 to 15 mins to get served and you are only allowed 2 drinks at a time the drinks are served in a small plastic glasses or a wine glass
so if you are a couple and only one of you gets in the queue it will take you around an hour to get served a pint and the all inclusive ends at 11pm so you need to be up and queuing by 10.40 as one of the staff joins the end to stop anyone joining it.
Once 11 comes if your in the queue or not its tuff you have to pay.
Oh yes forgot if you are paying for your beer you get a pint in a pint glass second class citizens here if your all inclusive.
In a nutshell
The worst all incusive i have been to the hotel itself i would have rated at a good 3 star the food and drink a poor 2 star other than 2 reception staff and the maids it was difficult to get a smile from anyone.Food poor and often cold .Upside clean rooms good location in the town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym, sauna and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub in high season, Laundry service, Room service, Garage, Free wifi in the lobby. Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain