Just returned from 4 nights at the Cervantes. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. The young lady on reception found us a room with a sea view when asked, which was a bonus because we were in a quieter area and got the sun on our balcony all morning. The room was comfortable and clean, with sheets and towels changed.
A lot of people comment on the food at the Cervantes and I wonder what some of them expect for the cost of all inclusive? The self service dining is not for the faint hearted at peak times but is much quieter earlier or later, or breakfast before 9am.There was a wide selection on offer every day - lovely salads and breads, meat and fresh fish cooked on the hotplate, different paella every day, fresh fruit. It's not cordon blue but you get what you pay for. The hotel caters for a wide range of nationalities so be prepared to try something new. I overheard one lady complaining about the food at breakfast "I tried it again but it's still Spanish - they just don't know how to make a good english breakfast"!!
All Inclusive gives a reasonable choice of drinks and the one bar open was fine, with tables outside. It tended to be monopolised by groups of Brits who chose to drink all day and all evening - clearly intent on getting their money's worth! The hotel is very central and handy for the beach lift that takes you down to the lovely promenade.
Although the weather was lovely, it was too cold for the outside pool! We did think the pool area was a bit small for the size of the hotel, which could be an issue in high season. Overall, a lovely winter break and great value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym, sauna and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub in high season, Laundry service, Room service, Garage, Free wifi in the lobby. Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain