I travelled with a friend and it was much better than some of the reviews I read before travelling. We went for 3 nights on an all inclusive basis and paid approx £30 each per night.
The hotel was very clean and modern- I don't understand why people think it is tired and old fashioned. I have been to lots of hotels ranging from 2 star to 5 star and this was officially a 4 star but I believe it is a very good 3 star. The reception and bar area was very nice, rooms were ok and the roof top pool was very good. It looks like a refurb was done in the reception and bar areas much more recently that the bedrooms.
Entertainment was poor, food was ok with a show cooking area and the usual buffet and drinks were very good. I would expect more if it was in the peak seasons as there was a singer on twice weekly and that was it! The bar staff were rude but after many holidays in Spain- I am now used to this. Don't let these kind of things spoil your holiday!
The area around the hotel was very shabby and old- you can tell this was once a bustling place but not anymore. There was no nightlife apart from a few Irish bars.
A tip for you is to get the train from Malaga Airport to Torremolinos. It took about 15 mins and cost less than 2 euros each- much cheaper that a transfer or taxi.
Overall, we went for a break and got exactly that so no real complaints. Probably would not go back but I would not put people off going.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym, sauna and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub in high season, Laundry service, Room service, Garage, Free wifi in the lobby. Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain