“Good Plain British Fare”
Review of Nigel and Cheryl's - CLOSED

Nigel and Cheryl's
Cuisines: Spanish, Bar, Welsh
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A lovely Welsh themed Restaurant/Bar along the Paseo, just a stone throw from the sandy shores; with great views from your seat and gorgeous food from the kitchen. Nigel and Cheryl's is a family run business and full of charm. Every day there is something new on the daily specials and in evenings, curry nights and steak nights are often a firm favourite.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Don't eat here if you are looking for Michelin star ratings. This is good wholesome British cooking, Four of us ate here several times and had no complaints. The food was great, the service was very friendly and quick. I take the point made by another reviewer about the smoking, however the roof and side panels were open, when we ate, that is the only negative. Keep up the good work Cheryl.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was very saddened to read the couple of bad reviews given to what is a favourite restaurant of ours. This was especially sad as poor Nigel died last year after a long illness and I think Sheryl and Ben were amazing to carry on the business as they did during such a sad time. I sometimes wonder why some people expect michelin rated cooking, with all the bells and whistles, at such reasonable prices. I think that they should get real. The food is good, wholesome and very well cooked and presented. We have been eating at this restaurant, on an average of at least once a day, over the past four years and have always been treated with great courtesy and kindness. We have found the food to be excellent and the place spotless.
Keep doing what you do so well Sheryl and Ben (there will always be overcritical people) and we will be back to see you in September. Your friends from Cumbria, Jill and Andrew.

2  Thank mundbyrd
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I used this restaurant quite a bit when I stayed in Spain for a few months which was about 3 years ago. It still offers good value and good food but I personally was disappointed that they allowed smoking in the eating area which spoilt my last meal there, and for the first time to visit the place next door instead when in the area. Nigel and Cheryls have a good reputation but need to look after it and not let it slide. Haven't seen Nigel in there for 12 months. Perhaps that's why.

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Just happened on Nigel n Cheryl's by accident - we were ready for lunch n there it was . We tried the chicken skewers on a rice n salad bed - superb - put the pic on Facebook n had more likes that I've got friends. Staff n service excellent. Can't wait to go back to try their chicken in a basket special.

2  Thank JimPfromWashington
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I found this wonderful restaurant by chance & so happy I did. Most friendly welcoming place, loved the Welsh flags...
The food was quality & well presented, generous portions & the drinks too... Prices were very reasonable too. Cheryl is kind, a fabulous host & her cooking is ace. Ben is lovely, always cheerful, professional, he provided cheerful banter & useful info. Being a solo traveller it was a real pleasure to chill out in a top location looking out to sea & being spoilt in the process
I would recommend Nigel & Cheryl's highly & have been singing it's praises since my return to "Blighty"

1  Thank LondonMumtaz