“perfection on a plate!”

Kate's Cottage
Ranked #159 of 709 Restaurants in Torremolinos
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Open every evening from 6.30 Pm.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“perfection on a plate!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have just returned from a lovely 14 nights holiday in Montemar. Kate's Cottage was on our sites from our first day and we booked 3 times during our stay. Sharon and Peter run a wonderful family restaurant, with delicious food and fantastic service. The 3 course menu for 10Euro is amazing value and there is plenty of choice for all the family.

We have recommended Kate's Cottage to many family and friends throughout the years and all have returned time after time!

Thanks again Sharon and Peter. See you next year
x

• Visited July 2013

oldham
“Home from Home”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Cannot fault this restaurant. Have been eating here for the last 5 years and are greeted like friends when we go in. Sharon who runs the dining area is so friendly and helpful. We usually have to book in advance here as it is nearly always booked up. A 3 coarse meal for 10 Euro cannot be beaten.

Visited June 2013
“Excellent value”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming here shortly after they opened and we have never had any complaints to make. Food is next to none proper Irish dinners and huge portions. €10 for 3 courses is amazingly priced for excellent food. We ate there 3 nites when we were on holiday on 5th June. Defo recommend. Thank you from Leona, Mick, Jordanlee & Briyana x

• Visited June 2013
IRELAND
“Beautiful family run restaurant”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

just back from 10 nights in Spain spent most of them here lovely food great value for money would highly recommended it. 3 course meal 10 Euro you wouldn't get it any where In the Costa. Thanks again will be back soon

• Visited June 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“disappointed”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have been here many times, last visited 3 wks ago in may 13, we kept kate's as our family special night, we were looking forward to it all day,
I found this visit overpriced, poor service & I found myself very irate waiting for out desert & bill.

We found ourselves waiting over 30 mins for our desert whilst the dishes was been cleaned out back, when that was finished Sharon & her husband seemed very entertained with fellow customers they met/knew, (we finally got our desert after we asked for it,)

My Starters was Pate which was lovely, for my meal I ordered the steak e6.00 supplement(gone up e3.00 since Aug last year) I was really looking forward to the steak I decided to get the trimmings, to my horror I had to pay e3.00 supplement for onions & mushrooms & a extra e3.00 for pepper sauce!!!! Should the sauce not come with the steak?
My supplements added up to e12.00 therefore my meal was e22.00 without wine,

I was looking forward to the steak all day, it was destroyed with fat throughout, , Not impressed paying an extra e6.00 when most of the fat was left on the plate very little meat,

My family who have also ate here many times were very disappointed althou I'm not here to speak for them, they did say they would not be back,

My personal view - too many supplements, Overpriced, and did not feel we were looked after, very poor service this time around. sad times,

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank elaine170282
Sharon M, Owner at Kate's Cottage, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Hi Elaine and family

We are sorry you were disappointed with your family night.

Our Menu of the Day consists of three courses for 10 euros. You have the choice of six starters, ten main courses and three desserts. All our main courses are served with homemade chips, baby boiled potatoes, vegetables and homemade gravy at NO extra charge. As a family run restaurant we believe in value for money and after all the price increases including the rise in VAT we have still kept this menu at the same price. Customers with special dietary needs can also be catered for if we are informed beforehand. Our house wine is a bargain at 8.95 euro a bottle.

Unfortunately in this day and age supplements are a necessity as after all we have to pay for everything too. It was your choice to choose the 10oz sirloin at 6 euro extra and again your choice for fried onions/mushrooms at 3 euro the same for pepper sauce. Why be horrified when it states the supplements clearly on the menu.

We are extremely sorry that your steak was destroyed with fat through out. As you said you have eaten here many times and you do no know my husband is a butcher to trade and all our meat is hung for a minimum of 21 days. We feel really disappointed that you didn't complain and give us the chance to rectify any such problems.

We do not wish to make our customers irate by waiting on their dessert/bill but we were indeed very entertained by fellow customers who were in fact friends who had turned up to surprise us.

Our personal view - We are delighted that Kates Cottage is growing from strength to strength.

Kind regards and best wishes for the future as you say we will not see you again.

To our friends and family please keep up the surprises.

Peter and Sharon