We'd read such marginal things about the area (in general) that our expectations were low. What a surprise! Nothing really historic here, just an awesome resort area filled with happy vacationers from a multitude of countries. It has such a happy, festive, we-dare-you-not-to-have-a-good-time feeling about it. The sound of the sea, the wide expanse of sand, the rows upon rows of fun litle bars/restaurants lining each side of the pathway along side the sand only enhanced the resort and beach experience.
There are an impressive number of sand sculptors who assemble the most imaginative kinds of creations. It is appreciated if the observer drops a coin or two into the creator's container.
Back to the hotel: it is light, bright, really tall, and well located. Walk out the door and head in any direction for a different experience: shopping, beach time, food and drink sampling, etc. The rooms were very nice, clean, contemporary and bright. Our room backed up to the huge side of a hill and we could see the water easily from the patio door. Being off the main road, our room was very quiet.
Breakfasts are held in a very large room and the offerings were as good as can be found anywhere. They will even cook eggs to your preference (look for the omelette station).
The staff was always courteous, helpful, and cordial. We would gladly stay here again (and do hope to at some future time). It was amost enjoyable experience and it was a welcome change from the almost-daily touring of the ancient monuments.
The absolutely perfect weather played a large role in our experience, as did the excitement surrounding the World Cup soccer mania so evidenced there. The people really get into this! Costumes, dedicated bars for the separate teams, etc. It felt, at times, a little like a (wonderful) carnival.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Costa del Sol is located in the resort of Torremolinos (Malaga) right in front of the Bajondillo beach and 300 m from the centre of the Torremolinos. The best option for unwinding, having fun and working in Costa del Sol, thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities and its superb service. The bright and welcoming double rooms (**), Junior Suites and Suites with fabulous sea views, a furnished terrace, AACC, Minibar (*), safe, LCD TV and a bathroom with hairdryer, magnifying mirror, amenities Melia; Different dining areas (Buffet Restaurant, Snack Restaurant and Lobby Bar); a renovated Sea View outdoor pool; 350 m2 Thalasso Spa Marino (*); Fitness Room; Free Wi-Fi throughout all the hotel; Parking (*); and a magnificent Convention Center with 15 meeting rooms with capacity for up to 450 people. 10 minutes from Malaga International Airport and 15 minutes from Malaga Ave station / Maria Zambrano. (*) With charge (**) Except some ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Melia Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Costa Del Sol Hotel Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Melia Hotel Torremolinos
- Melia Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain