We stayed three nights in early April. The room was roomy and clean and we found the bed pretty comfortable and did not have a problem with the pillows. Desk staff were friendly and helpful. There were lots of large bus groups and if you happened to need the desk while they were checking in or out there could be quite a wait.
It is a corporate hotel and there did seem to be corporate events going on that would overshadow the needs of regular guests. While we were there we saw a couple of receptions by the pool that it closed in the afternoon while they set up and into the evening. Also one morning it was closed for a breakfast meeting it seemed. Neither of these things bothered us as we don't spend much time by the pool.
The breakfast was good with lots of variety. We didn't try the restaurant at any other time.
It was the desk staff at the hotel that told us about the lift into the upper town.
We used the parking and appreciated the fact that it was well monitored. There was construction going on while we were there which resulted in a little more noise than we liked.
However we enjoyed our time at the hotel and would definitely stay there again if we return to Torremolinos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Costa del Sol is located in the resort of Torremolinos (Malaga) right in front of the Bajondillo beach and 300 m from the centre of the Torremolinos. The best option for unwinding, having fun and working in Costa del Sol, thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities and its superb service. The bright and welcoming double rooms (**), Junior Suites and Suites with fabulous sea views, a furnished terrace, AACC, Minibar (*), safe, LCD TV and a bathroom with hairdryer, magnifying mirror, amenities Melia; Different dining areas (Buffet Restaurant, Snack Restaurant and Lobby Bar); a renovated Sea View outdoor pool; 350 m2 Thalasso Spa Marino (*); Fitness Room; Free Wi-Fi throughout all the hotel; Parking (*); and a magnificent Convention Center with 15 meeting rooms with capacity for up to 450 people. 10 minutes from Malaga International Airport and 15 minutes from Malaga Ave station / Maria Zambrano. (*) With charge (**) Except some ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Costa Del Sol Hotel Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Melia Hotel Torremolinos
- Melia Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain