We booked a 4 night, out-of-season break here and were not disappointed. From the outside the hotel is typical of the many high-rise, featureless hotels built during the 1970s on the Costa del Sol but, putting the initial appearance to one side, this is a very good 4 star hotel.
The staff are excellent, offering the same service I have experienced at other Melia hotels in Spain.
The hotel is well-fitted and furnished throughout, with a large reception area and a spacious bar and lounge. The standard bedrooms are large and well-furnished in a classical style and the beds are very comfortable. There is ample storage space for clothing and suitcases and the rooms are carpeted and lovely and warm, which was nice as the outside temperature was in the low 60s during our stay. The bathrooms are a good size with a flexible shower fitted over a bath. We asked for a room with sunshine on the balcony and were very pleased to be given one on the 7th floor overlooking the beach and sea.
The hotel has a large dining room offering buffet-style breakfasts and dinner. The breakfasts were very good but I felt some of the selections on offer at dinner were being prepared on a tight budget eg desserts included jellies, cold rice pudding and cold custard but few gateaux or small cakes.
There is a medium-size pool at the front of the hotel with views over the beach to the sea.
We booked a half-board package directly with the hotel which was excellent value at about £250 for four nights
The hotel is in a good position on the sea front with several bars, shops and restaurants close by and the promenade and beach stretches at least a mile in either direction offering easy walking opportunities. The town itself is up a long flight of steps, with shops on both sides, but it was not really worth the climb as the coastal walks were more pleasant.
A taxi from the airport costs 20 euros and a taxi to the very good local station on the line between Malaga and Fuengerola cost 7 euros.
I would definitely use this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Costa del Sol is located in the resort of Torremolinos (Malaga) right in front of the Bajondillo beach and 300 m from the centre of the Torremolinos. The best option for unwinding, having fun and working in Costa del Sol, thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities and its superb service. The bright and welcoming double rooms (**), Junior Suites and Suites with fabulous sea views, a furnished terrace, AACC, Minibar (*), safe, LCD TV and a bathroom with hairdryer, magnifying mirror, amenities Melia; Different dining areas (Buffet Restaurant, Snack Restaurant and Lobby Bar); a renovated Sea View outdoor pool; 350 m2 Thalasso Spa Marino (*); Fitness Room; Free Wi-Fi throughout all the hotel; Parking (*); and a magnificent Convention Center with 15 meeting rooms with capacity for up to 450 people. 10 minutes from Malaga International Airport and 15 minutes from Malaga Ave station / Maria Zambrano. (*) With charge (**) Except some ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Melia Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Costa Del Sol Hotel Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Melia Hotel Torremolinos
- Melia Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain